So many of us have seen some great people through this site. But often you can get to know someone just a little but never actually have a chance to meet. This isn't about who you want to see but who you almost saw. This is about those people who you have come close to meeting but for whatever reason it didn't work out. The good part is there is always tomorrow. My story;

- well my first 'almost encounter' came in Regina about 4 years ago. It was before I knew of CERB and had my first hobbying experience. On a business trip and sitting at the bar in my hotel (which is where I'm often found) a lady was sitting a couple of stools over. We struck up a conversation which came quite easy. I didn't connect on who she might be and wasn't really looking. (Didn't have my eyes open yet) A few drinks later and great conversaton I noticed she had eaten all the cashews in the dish in front of her. I offered her some of mine to which she replied; "no man has been so kind in sharing his nuts with her". Ok, if I had any doubts at the moment I knew the potential before me. The conversation got a little more explicit and she said she would like to talk and get to know me a little better but we would need to extend the discussion in my room. Yeh, I bailed - said I had an early morning and headed off. Looking back I was an idiot but it did get me thinking more about the possibilities which some months later...I finally took the plunge.

- close encounter 2 is with a travelling lady, like me, who I have wanted to meet since I began this hobby 2 years ago. Unfortunately, Keissy Hennessey and I just haven't been in the same city on the same dates. I've actually come as close as 3 days but it just hasn't happened - yet. I keep thinking some day we'll both be travelling, in the same city, same hotel, and I'll see her in the elevator. Oh my, a cub can dream.

- I'll cheat a little from my own purpose of this thread with a close encounter 3 which is a little in the future. I may have an opportunity to visit the East Coast at the end of September. I have long wanted to meet some great Eastern ladies like Angel Starr and Carley Chase.

Close encounters are fun for me as they build up the excitement of meeting someone I really want to see.

Cub

Guest f***2f***

Yeah for me Angel Starr. When I'm in Halifax she's travelling. When she was in Ottawa I was out of town...sigh...one of these days I'll meet that lovely lady! (If she'll agree of course lol)

I would say some of the "Luv" sisters from a few years ago. I think they are mostly retired now or married.

Some close encounters (some only a few seconds long) can stay with you for decades and decades and decades! Fortunately this hobby sometimes allows a few of these of these fleeting visions to actually turn into reality.