To the pooners from USA that see ladies in Canada

Just a quick reminder that us dollar and canadian is at a different rate..

600us dollars is no longer 600 can...so when you travel to see an sp in Canada please adjust the donation to make the equivalent in canadian of her requesting fees or provide it in Canadian dollars

VJ

• Like 5

Dont forget to come back and remind us when the rate goes back in the other direction! (smile)

As of today, the rate appears to be about 1.02 to 1.03 US for $1 CN. Wholesale its about a 1.011 US to $1 CN, but its hard to get that.

• Like 1

Gents had no problem in the past calculating that their dollars were worth more there for adjusting their donation to less in canadian.

While your number make sence the bank doesn't buy it at that pourcentage

Taux de change : 0.9627

When it is several hundreds dollars it does make a difference

I don't think it is fair to assume that i should absorb the lost of changing the money in the currency of the country i am at the moment

When i am touring in USA no one is giving me Canadian dollars..

I just find it a little disapointing that it seem to be allow to choose best world of both worlds(as my donation in USA is much higher for many reasons so they pick to pay my canadian rate but pay me in US dollars):icon_frown:

VJ

I agree its not fair just because they are both called "dollars." They are two separate currencies, and customers should pay CN dollars. Best exchange rates are usually at ATM machines, but that's withdrawal only. Banks can vary as to their retail exchange rate.

If, due to not having enough CN currency, I wanted to pay in US, I'd always give an exchange rate that is very generous to the lady (to the next nearest whole percent (if 1.02, then 1.05 or more) and then only if its OK with her in advance.

Gents had no problem in the past calculating that their dollars were worth more there for adjusting their donation to less in canadian.

While your number make sence the bank doesn't buy it at that pourcentage

Taux de change : 0.9627

When it is several hundreds dollars it does make a difference

Remember when not too long ago our dollar was referred to as the "Canadian Peso"? :)

You should actually charge more than the bank conversion rate like other businesses do to account for the additional administrative work involved in having to go to the bank to exchange the currency.

Why not post a $US rate in addition to a Canadian one, or state "Canadian currency only please"?

Why not post a $US rate in addition to a Canadian one, or state "Canadian currency only please"?

Victoria Jolie has 3 websites: one for US (.com), one for Canada (.ca) and one for UK (co.uk).

It is stretching it to go to the Canadian site and claim the compensation is in USD.

Edited by etasman2000
More info.

Victoria Jolie has 3 websites: one for US (.com), one for Canada (.ca) and one for UK (co.uk).

It is stretching it to go to the Canadian site and claim the compensation is in USD.

Btw Kubrikan I am not able to nominate your post on my mobile

But do appreciate the way you do..:)

The program I have on my sites is actually for that..type zip code 10017 and someone explain me why they figure to type zip code of Toronto..or other place in canada but decide to bring us currency..yes they should pay my Toronto rates like everyone in Toronto but in canadian dollars

I never had one Europeen show up in Toronto and gave me Euro

I have american asking what is my rate in canada as Ip show them the rate where they are located but never though I would have to specify in which currency

Yes I will follow querty advice and modify each site with

"Donations has to be in currency of the country"

I agree, but when you goggle her name, all the sites come up and there is no telling which is going to be at the top of the list at any particular moment.

It certainly can't hurt to add the clairification to all three to avoid any confusion.

Just my 2 cents :)