Would you like to use your credit card as method of payment?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to use your credit card as method of payment?

• Yes
    • No
    • I might consider it if it was a discreet option

Hello Gentleman,

I've received a lot of request lately about credit cards payments and I would like to know if this is something that would interest you.

Is it easier and more convenient for you to use you visa, master card etc.? Let alone, would this be a desirable method of payment?

My thoughts on the subject, and they reflect my own opinion, not telling someone what is right or wrong

For me, seeing ladies is a once a month indulgence, an escape

I do it with monthly disposable income

I prefer pay as you go, in cash. All aspects of this activity for me are cash

I pay the lady in cash

I pay for gifts/tip in cash

I pay for the hotel in cash

I pay for gas for my truck to get to where I'm going in cash

etc etc etc

If I don't have enough cash, something unforeseen comes up, that month I just will play on CERB, see a lady the following month

And as a sidebar, for all those guys who are concerned about discretion and anonymity , what about that pesky credit card record

And would the donation rate go up for cc payments to cover the cc surcharge of 3% (I think that's it)

Some quick after work ramblings

RG

I am a bit old school on things like this. I could use my credit card, it is not a matter of potentially being caught. I just think of hobbying and something discretionary in general, and I view that I should pay cash for discretionary items.

I realize that nowadays that this is becoming antiquated thinking, but as I said, still old school.

I must ask how this charge would show up on one's credit card statement?

If it was in a very discreet manner, I would consider this as an option.

I could even collect reward points for such wonderful escapades. :icon_cool: :icon_biggrin:

I take credit cards and can only comments that many take that venue..What show on the credit card is something completly neutral and not relate to the bussiness..

I've received a lot of request lately about credit cards payments and I would like to know if this is something that would interest you.

Nope. Not in the slightest. There are some things the bank just doesn't need to know :)

I really appreciate the prepaid credit cards myself, however I would never accept them as payment.

Anyways, I think this poll really speaks for itself when over 70% of people who responded "NO" to credit cards. I can definitely understand!

Some business people can use their company card for misc charges. I am surprised that not more of these requests come up. But for both parties, any trace and trackable $$ might not be the best option.

SNS724

I personaly would not accept this form of payment. The "customer" has a year to do a charge back and then your out of those funds. Not saying many would do such a thing but I wouldn't risk it. Cash only or email money transfer but they can also be cancelled.

Guest p**h*x

I didn't know credit cards were taken by some. I'd be fine using one if that was an option.

Some business people can use their company card for misc charges. I am surprised that not more of these requests come up. But for both parties, any trace and trackable $$ might not be the best option.

SNS724

Well personally i think it take someone malicious to do charge back..From the moment i start taking credit card i knew it could happen and i am careful about it.

I have different ways to take CC and if i doubt i go with the one i know they cannot charge back and cause me trouble

So far knock on the wood it hasn't happen to me..no i would not dispute it to loose that privilege of taking CC but would warn my fellow sps.

I am a very honest person and some people can attest that if the session seem to be going in the wrong direction(from begining) i simply stop the app and give back the money so i would do right in front of them the reverse transaction.

I had one request in the USA when i did check the reference she warn me that he reversed the charge on CC after she provide a full session.,needless to say i did not see that person.

Charged back should only be use when you did get a session,not because you feel that it should have been better.

As for been incriminating..Well it depend once again if the person want to cause you harm as for most of my clientele they know that it is completly safe and they know why.

I personaly would not accept this form of payment. The "customer" has a year to do a charge back and then your out of those funds. Not saying many would do such a thing but I wouldn't risk it. Cash only or email money transfer but they can also be cancelled.

I find that almost all people are honest.

Under the terms of the cardholder agreement, they have only 30 days from the statement date to dispute a charge which is in the worst case 60 days from the charge date.

If it is a "card present" transaction and you have captured a signature or the client used his/her pin, you're protected against this sort of shenanigans.

Personally, I love my credit card and use it for everything I can, it is so much more convenient than cash and it makes keeping track of things much easier.

I pay off my card every month, but not everyone does which is actually a reason for SPs to consider accepting credit cards. If a client can only make a minimum payment on their credit card, they certainly don't have much if any extra cash floating around. With a credit card, a client can indulge now and pay later.

The real downside to accepting credit cards is the 3 to 5% discount that you have to pay to the bank.

I find that almost all people are honest.

Under the terms of the cardholder agreement, they have only 30 days from the statement date to dispute a charge which is in the worst case 60 days from the charge date.

If it is a "card present" transaction and you have captured a signature or the client used his/her pin, you're protected against this sort of shenanigans.

Personally, I love my credit card and use it for everything I can, it is so much more convenient than cash and it makes keeping track of things much easier.

I pay off my card every month, but not everyone does which is actually a reason for SPs to consider accepting credit cards. If a client can only make a minimum payment on their credit card, they certainly don't have much if any extra cash floating around. With a credit card, a client can indulge now and pay later.

The real downside to accepting credit cards is the 3 to 5% discount that you have to pay to the bank.

I have to agree that CC is a great option and most people are honest but was informed by my bank and other reliable sources here that you do have 1 year for "business account transactions" but it's not very easy to do, explaining how it was not a legit charge to your card.

I am aware of disputing charges with the 30-60 days. I recently had to do this and received a new card and such. Cash advances is also an option.