highlights of the day

I've been doing a lot of reflecting on my life of late. Not really about "regrets" but about what I want.

The conclusion: I am truly blessed to have amazing people in my life. Friends, family, lovers. My job is one I love and I am very, very happy.

I wouldn't change a thing. Makes for a great day!!!

Porthos

• Like 3

Waking up injured and sick, but realizing that despite all the hardships I might be facing. I woke up to sunshine, and that I'll get through it all.

Hope and a positive attitude is a great thing to have :D

• Like 2

Guest D***el B***e

The highlight of my day actually happened during the middle of the night. A bit of history ... I went to bed very early Saturday night because I worked all day at my hunt camp scrubbing floors and cleaning up before the summer season begins. I went to bed at 8:30pm Saturday night, but after a longer than usual 7 hours sleep, I woke up feeling refreshed and ready to go. However, it was only 3:30am. Soooo ... I spent the next hour an a half, lying in bed, in a pitched black bedroom, remembering and re-enacting the mesmerizing and mind-altering duo I had last week with two of the most amazing women I know ... thank you dearests! It was the thrill of my night and the hightlight of my day...

I've been feeling a bit ground down with topsy turvy scheduling lately. Yesterday was a loooooong day in the kitchen, followed by a night that didn't wrap up until 4:30 this morning. I was relieved to spend most of today in bed. I'm listening to an audiobook, one of Lee Child's Jack Reacher series, "Worth Dying For." But really, I'm snoozing through most of it. I can go back and listen to it again later. Today is for rest.

Well a sounds like a strange highlight but it is only because it made dad happy. Dad had his 84th birthday, and had a little party with his wife and friends. He was happy because he thought he wasn't going to make it to his 84th, and the highlight of the day, first time since he told us of his cancer, and cancer aside, dad seemed happy, so that is a highlight

RG

• Like 4

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Charging up my body as I will have an encounter with a lovely lady I have been wanting to meet for over a year!

I built a second flower bed. Now I just need to wait until tomorrow to go to my favorite place to buy some flowers.

Edited by Nicolette Vaughn

Had a wonderful rendezvous with a very special lady, then treated her to a home cooked lunch including BBQ chicken, BBQ green peppers and eggplants, Caesar salad, then Strawberry Mousse Cake with a cup of delicious Cappuccino! Ummmm.. life is good! :D

Watching Game of Thrones with someone special. Nice way to end the long weekend.

Porthos

Guest D***el B***e

Highlight of today was finally putting my snowmobile away for the season ... grease the suspension, change the gear oil, check the drive belt, top up all fluids, add gas stabilizer, fog the engine, spit and shine it, then throw the cover over it till December! ... then I washed my atv and got it ready for the next ride ... a fun day it was ...

Just got off the phone with an amazing woman from Los Angeles.... there is indeed a road trip in the works!

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Finding out a very special local lady is safe and sound.

Called into work last night, decided to play hooky for the week

May as well use my earned leave (I have almost a year in leave) before the government takes it away

RG

Called into work last night, decided to play hooky for the week

May as well use my earned leave (I have almost a year in leave) before the government takes it away

RG

Oh Dear RG... I hope you are feeling OK ? ;)

My suggestion is to go fishing for 4 days, drink lots of beer, (fluids are good they say but they may mean water ? nevermind I use beer) and that will make you feel better....then it is the weekend .... well hell keep fishing cause its the weekend !!!!

I love the sound of thunder!

My cat doesn't, I just renamed him to Braveheart after he jumped off the back of the couch and went hiding behind my entertainment unit when the thunder cracked, and there he stayed till the storm passed

RG

flirting with my favourite clerk at the grocery store. I think I need to go back and pick up bread!

• Like 1

Guest ***nno**n***

Got flowers from a very special gentleman and then got a little crazy and had some very enjoyable times :-)

Celebrating one of my very fave anniversaries today. May 22, 1977 my buddy and I returned from work in Garland,Tx. and saw a note held down on the dining table by a beer bottle from our housemates. It said "thought you guys would want these". "These" were two front row, center tickets to see Led Zeppelin @ Tarrant County Convention Center in Fort Worth. The tickets were bought from a scalper for the astronomical price of---------$20 each, lol. Due to mass consumption of intoxicating substances, it's amazing that I even remember the show but I can, including the surprise appearance of Mick Ralphs for a dueling guitar thingy with Page to close the show.

Just thought I'd share one of the fondest crank memories!

• Like 2

Walking in to my house and having my entire furry family waiting at the door to greet me. Gawd I love these little monsters.

• Like 2