highlights of the day

Heard from a fine cerb lady with whom I was in contact a year ago and who I thought had left this business - made my day!

Guest c**io**m7

Like Rob369, if I know I have made someone smile, my day is always brighter. On a personal note though...my highlight comes every morning in the form of a simple one word text..."morning".

Bought myself a treat on Ebay (for Christmas, last-Christmas and my 50th...) and it's finally in the delivery system.YAY!

• Like 1

Got the opening and closing paragraphs written as well as the poem written for the family Christmas letter. This letter's been written every year since 1949 by my mother. Due to her advancing dementia this is the second year we "kids" have ghost-written it. We agreed that as long at Mom and Dad are alive there will be a letter. I do my bits. My sister edits it. My brother sees to printing and distribution. Dad signs the finished product. That this needs to be done sucks (rather than her being able to do it) I'm honoured to be able to help.

• Like 7

Asked to apply for an interesting job. Likely won't do it, but it's nice to be recognized. Being headhunted does good things for the ego.

Started my day by meeting up with one of my favorite people in the world....we listened to some interesting music ;) and enjoyed a wonderful couple of hours together..... left me smiling all day.

• Like 1

Feeling a little blue and a ray of sunshine from Southwestern Ontario texted me out of the blue (because she knows she can!!!)

Kerri... you made my night!!!

A Big Thank You goes out to a very special lady (she knows who she is) for sending me such a nice and special Christmas card. It is very kind and thoughtful and it just brightened my day

Thanks

RG

When posting about a date that didn't turn out the way it shoudl...receiving PMs not from SP but from hobbiests saying they are sorry/apologize for others

It make my heart warm knowing some people actually do read posts but are also concern about the well being of SP, even if they do not plan on meeting them

• Like 3

Guest c**io**m7

The highlight of my day yesterday was getting enough alone time to call my lady and hear her voice.

finished a major project today. A huge relief to get it off my desk. Celebrating with a nice pint of Guinness.

Got GREAT news from the cardiologist. He's happy with the progress that the heart is making, he's changing the meds that make me dry cough/choke my lungs out AND... he is giving the surgeon permission to eviscerate me and remove that DAMN GALLBLADDER!

PLUS!!!! I spent an afternoon with a wonderful young woman!!!

• Like 3

Got GREAT news from the cardiologist. He's happy with the progress that the heart is making, he's changing the meds that make me dry cough/choke my lungs out AND... he is giving the surgeon permission to eviscerate me and remove that DAMN GALLBLADDER!

PLUS!!!! I spent an afternoon with a wonderful young woman!!!

Awesome news Dog !!!!

Heart is on the mend ! AND...You'll be eatin bacon again soon ! oink oink .... and you haven't remarried yet ;)

PS....I suspect you didn't tell the cardiologist dude you were meeting a young woman later for tea and strumpets. Kinda like taking a driving test and telling the instructor I am going to crank up the tunes and drive 185 once I pass this test :) hehe