highlights of the day

My mother has been quite ill for a long time and we were bracing ourselves for the possibility of bad news. She has just received some final reports and it looks like there is nothing life threatening at the moment.

I am very happy and grateful that we may just have some extended time together.

• Like 7

Guest A*ro**n

Enjoyed the nice golden sunlight everything was bathed in on the drive home from work. I like this "promise of spring" time of year.

The highlight of my day was a short telephone conversation with a wonderful amazing lady... she know who she is... thanks for the call... greatly appreciated.

Picking up my pug from the vet. Two nights away from him was torture, but he is now snuggled right up against me. He usually sleeps in his own bed, but he will definitely be sleeping with me tonight, I'm SO happy he's home and is healthy :D

• Like 4

Guest c**io**m7

Awesome news for both Vitto and Katherine. And Cleo, glad to hear the man in your life is doing well.

Today's highlight for me is reading the good news that my Cerb friends have shared in this thread. I always love good news.

Guest P*rry

My response underscores what a long winter its been as my post continues a recent theme started by Auroran and carried on by Tianna.

I'm grateful for the sunshine today. Blue skies are so welcomed!

Guest c**io**m7
I learned that I am going to be a first time grandfather, with the due date on my own birthday.

Happened to me in 2013. It's an incredible gift.

Congrats!!

It snowed all night but I just drove though it this morning but spent a day dreading getting home tonight and having to shovel......... Got home great neighbor had it Done

Guest A*ro**n
It snowed all night but I just drove though it this morning but spent a day dreading getting home tonight and having to shovel......... Got home great neighbor had it Done

That's a Canadian Bromantic story.

Guest c**io**m7
My highlight of the Morning; learning about a big Soca party tonight...Oh How I love to dance the night away to Soca...Cant wait for the night to begin

Do you need a date? Soca is one of my favorites.

Lunch was today's highlight. One of my old friends from highschool was passing through Ottawa so we met for lunch. I hadn't seen him since 1988...lots of catching up...and a couple beers.

I learned that I am going to be a first time grandfather, with the due date on my own birthday.

Congratulations, I became a first time grandad about eight months ago. We'll have to compare notes next time we get together.

I have a major GOOD decision to make. Should I replace my older tv, still works but it'll die one day. And if so, LCD, LED or Plasma

(I'm leaning towards plasma) Should I get 42" (it'll fit into my entertainment unit) or should I move the entertainment unit in the spare bedroom and wall mount a 50" or even 60" tv.

It's nice with all the decisions we have to make, I have one which no matter the choice is good

RG

• Like 1

Guest N***he**Ont**y
I have a major GOOD decision to make. Should I replace my older tv, still works but it'll die one day. And if so, LCD, LED or Plasma

(I'm leaning towards plasma) Should I get 42" (it'll fit into my entertainment unit) or should I move the entertainment unit in the spare bedroom and wall mount a 50" or even 60" tv.

It's nice with all the decisions we have to make, I have one which no matter the choice is good

RG

Go with the Fifty inch and wall mount it. I modified my old entertainment unit to support a 32 flat screen and it was a lot of work. I have a 32 inch LCD and a 50 inch plasma which is the best IMO. I am going to wall mount the plasma after my reno is complete.

RG

If you are prone to headaches or have trouble sleeping, I would suggest staying away from LCD. (At least that is what my doctor told me). If you can spend $3,000 on a HDTV, a high-end plasma will offer the best picture you can get, but otherwise LED is your best option.

I hope that helps some RG.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2372085,00.asp

• Like 2

Guest N***he**Ont**y

RG

I did a lot of shopping around and finally bought a 50 inch plasma from CostCo as the two year warranty appealed to me.(One year manufacturer and one year COSTCO)

Don't think you need to spend 3000 on a plasma, maybe 1200 or so. Panasonic usually makes really good ones, well they really developed the technology. If you watch a lot of sports or action movies then plasma would be better than an lcd or led. I think my next hdtv would be a plasma...have lcd at the moment.

• Like 2