So I stepped on a wasp this afternoon and it stung me on the bottom of my little toe. The pain has been getting worse and I've been nauseous and really lightheaded this whole time. Am I just being a big baby or should I go to the hospital. I can't decide.

Posted via Mobile Device

April, you are probably OK, but I am a little concerned. Nausea and light headedness are symptomatic of allergies , but you would probably be dead by now if you had a serious allergy to the sting.

Here in Nova Scotia we can call 811 at any time to talk to a nurse. I tried to find the equivalent for Saskatchewan and found 1-877-800-0002. Hope my info is accurate. I am going to go with no need to rush to the emergency room, but very strongly encouraging you to call that number.

Again:

1-877-800-0002

Hope you are OK.

thank you so much, I called and they said I'm having a systematic reaction so I'm off to the hospital. I guess never being stung before is bad when you are an adult.

Posted via Mobile Device

thank you so much, I called and they said I'm having a systematic reaction so I'm off to the hospital. I guess never being stung before is bad when you are an adult.

Posted via Mobile Device

I am severely allergic and carry an Epi-Pen with me at all times. You made the right decision to call and go to the hospital. I wish you well and do keep us posted.

Big Hugs,

Lexy

I'm all good now had to stay in the hospital for observation got some shots and found out I have an allergy (not deadly but enough to cause anaphelectic shock but severe pain and other problems). 3% of people have systematic reactions which can end up serious!

Posted via Mobile Device

Just make sure to be very careful the next time you get stung - especially if it is close on your torso (close to heart/respiratory etc).

I was told the same thing and that the next time I get stung it could be very serious. I have only been stung on my extremities. I imagine if I were to get stung on the neck that it would be very serious.

Glad you are okay and took the necessary precautions!

thanks for the concerns everybody! *big hugs*

Posted via Mobile Device

Great to hear you will be fine. I hate the things and I'm scared to death literally of them.