Ladies Albums Private or Public

My question is to the ladies and gents what are your thoughts on people saving and printing pictures from a ladies Private or Public Album?

This has recently come to my attention that my pictures are being saved from my Private Albums where I show my face. This is a very discrete and private business for me and I was not asked for permission just out of simple respect, I did read in another post that this is a copyright law issue and if my pictures are posted without my permission it is against the law.

What should I do delete all my private albums and blur my face and loss all my very nice comments or suck it up because I have no idea who all has done this. Another alternative is to delete my entire friends list, minus my lady friends.

Please any advice and input from the ladies and gents are welcome.

Big Hugs and Love,

Lexy

My question is to the ladies and gents what are your thoughts on people saving and printing pictures from a ladies Private or Public Album?

IMHO, Saving and Posting are two separate things. Printing is, I guess sort of in the middle. I can totally understand a guy wanting to hold onto a copy of a special photo of a special lady as an aide memoire to help ... fond remembrances.

Posting, sharing, or an copyright violation, however, is inexcusable. You alone have rights to your image and how it's used. Anybody who uses your images in public without your consent is at best a petty criminal, and at worst a grade A slimeball.

As far as albums go... My first thought would be that a reasonable compromise would be:

- everybody sees blurred pictures in public albums

- friends see some pictures with faces in private albums

... but I suppose there's nothing preventing a 'friend' from betraying that trust.... so it's a pickle.

As a guy, I like seeing faces in ads. Blurred or no faces put the focus on body parts, and make me feel a bit like I'm looking at pictures of an anatomy lesson and not of a real person.

But, as a guy, it's way more important to me that the SPs feel safe, so while I'd regret fewer face pictures, I'd understand. I'd just prefer fewer slimy photo thieves....

I find this bothersome,as someone who has been put through the ringer about photos ,I felt I needed to reply.I understand your dismay,as I had used anothers photos[i now know how stupid that was]they were public,yours on the other hand aren't,if I were you I would take action,you are attractive ,successful,perhaps thats why you are being targeted .I am finding alot of this type of nonsense going on in halifax.So sorry for you and good luck,Cristy

p.s.-could you fill me in on how you get your ad to display on web pages,very clever,great marketing

Suggestion, if I may be so bold.. I don't know if there such a thing in the SP-only area, but maybe a special concise version of the FAQ that deals specifically with privacy, and all the various options/levels/etc. available to the ladies from the various control panels would be handy. With examples<g>. And lots of pictures. ;)

Covering things like:

- private and public albums

- invisible mode

- ignore lists

- what can be hidden, what can't

- what everyone can see, what friends can see, what only you can see

- how to deal with pests/stalkers - who to contact, how to react

... basically anything that helps the ladies (particularly newbies) better understand and control what they are putting online.

I'm sure all this info is available in different FAQ pages, or as stickies on different threads - the point is to have it all collected in one nice small document so the ladies don't have to waste time searching and sifting.

My photographer suggested to me to post my pic's with her logo on it. I have not done it as I want to ask MOD if I can do that. That way if someone were to try using my pic's the logo could prevent them from using for any commerical reasons. The logo is small, doesnt take away from the pic at all. Then it would be not just me who could sue, but the photographer is protected as well.

But if this is being done to you, I would sugest bluring your face out of the pic's. Which I would not want to do, I personally do show my face....for now.

Sorry you have this issue to deal with. But Please just think of your safty first! Good luck!

I'm pretty sure some other ladies have watermarks on their pics.

Posted via Mobile Device

Yes, there are many Ladies that do have watermarks on their pictures.

I think it is a very good idea to have such.

Anytime you put your photograph online you should expect it will be out there for everyone and for all time. Yes it would be great if we could control our online content no matter what industry we are in but it's naive to think that we can. If you are not comfortable with having your image (or part of it) out there then do not put it up, the fact of the matter is anything that I can get on my screen I can save to my computer, sometimes it just takes a little more work than others.

As for watermarking your images, there are pros and cons to it and it really doesn't protect your image though it can decrease the incidence of having the image used by someone else within the industry. If someone is determined they can remove the watermark, they can crop, airbrush, etc. it. With the idea of privacy if you watermark them with your working name/site you lose the ability to deny it's you should someone else have the photos, basically you will become searchable to someone that may not have known what to search. When you leave this industry you will not be able to remove all trace of your having worked, some review boards are very helpful and will delete your account and references to you but there are many boards that will not. Figure out what you are most concerned about, whether its your exit strategy or your current brand and watermark if one is more important to you than the other.

• Like 4

I was naive in creating Private Albums showing my face, at the time I wasn't concerned about my business being so private or this ever happening here but that has changed and I am taking every measure that I possibly can now to protect my privacy from this point on. It will take sometime to have them back up, I have a lot of work ahead of me. Many other places I advertise have blurred my face and are very understanding. Please be patient and thank you to my friends for understanding. I know what you put online is out there no matter how diligent you are to have everything removed when you move on to other places/careers or businesses. Another lesson learned!!

Big Hugs,

Lexy

Lexy,

From someone who just discovered your private albums I am sorry you have to do this, but it is the right decision. From what I know of you you will someday be very successful in the business world, much like you are in your current occupation. It would be a shame to jeopardize that future success because some slimy SOB can't respect your privacy and your friendship. Don't worry though, I will wait to see your face in person and enjoy it all the more!

• Like 1