For my fellow Alice Cooper fans out there :)

A special youtube preview of his new album, Welcome 2 My Nightmare....kind of an interesting link, click on each song title to hear AC tell how the song came about and get a short preview of it.

Sounds like a really interesting album with a lot of different kinds of genres thrown in there from the kinds of songs we'd expect from Alice Cooper to old school 60's style Rolling Stones type of stuff to Tom Waits kind of stuff to a couple of ballads and..yes...Disco.......still not sure about the pop song he did with Ke$ha though....that one may take some getting used to for me, lol.

For you Alice Cooper fans who are also Vinyl aficionados:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=162996

Nice! I've been meaning to pick up a record player because the Alice Cooper "Old School" boxset I picked up a few months ago has a couple of vinyls, http://www.amazon.ca/Old-School-1964-1974-Cooper-SINGLE/dp/B004RIYV4W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1315746944&sr=8-1, this just gives me more reason to pick one up now

I am possibly one of the "oldest" Alice Cooper fans on this board. I've been listening to his music since I was 11 years old.

I saw the original Welcome to My Nightmare Concert at the Montreal Forum in 1975.

I was fortunate enough to get his autograph at a party in Toronto in 1984 which I treasure.

I am looking forward to Welcome to My Nightmare 2. Alice teamed up again with some of his original bandmates and producer Bob Ezrin.

Ah, the good old days again!

Thanks for this thread, Castle.

alice-cooper_l.jpg

Well the album's not out here yet but it is on the other side of the pond so some of the tracks have made it online. Thought I'd share :)

-I Am Made Of You

-Caffeine

-

-The Congregration

-Disco Bloodbath Boogie Fever (I actually really like this one. It's pretty funny. No one can accuse Cooper of taking himself too seriously :p )

-Ghouls Gone Wild

-What Baby Wants (I'm still not sure about this one...it's obviously done very tongue in cheek...but still lol)

-

-Under The Bed

-The Underture (Instrumental) (it's just the first 5 minutes of the clip)

The genres are all over the board....and some are quite a departure for Cooper's usual schtick, and some departures are pretty eyebrow raising, particular What Baby Wants (basically a pop song), and Disco Bloodbath Boogie Fever. But in each case the lyrics still have that subtle (and sometimes not so subtle) humor that most Cooper's songs have. I think the man's made enough of a name for himself by now that he's allowed to screw around a bit with genres.

I think my favorites are I Am Made Of You, Disco Bloodbath Boogie Fever, Ghouls Gone Wild, The Underture and Under The Bed.....I already got this album, pre-ordered it from the UK....and I really dig it :D

Gotta Admit I was never a big Alice fan but got to see and meet him briefly in a very small venue format in Vegas several years ago where he and his cast blew me a way with a terrific show.

He is a regular great guy in person and quite a golfer to boot.