Guest E*******h S******s
I agree. A lot of people seem to be posting as tho it was a no show on a confirmed appt, due to what the OP telling us he prepared for an appt. However at NO time did the sp confirm an appt, she only said she would get back to him the day before if she could do it. She did not promise to get back to him if she couldn't, fwiw. Given his followup email, it would have been a nice/polite thing for her just to repeat that she couldn't see him after all, but as I say, she wasn't really obligated to repeat with an email the obvious, and what she already told him prior to the day. And at that point, she might be saying to herself, what the heck is he emailing for??

That's why I'm not really following the strike one, off the list, name names, demand an explanation, or what have you. I don't think she could have been clearer: she would confirm if she can make it. She will not confirm if she cannot. She did not confirm, therefore she cannot make it. Its just A + B = C logic lol.

I completely agree. If the appointment isn't confirmed then there is no appointment and therefore nobody got "stood up". Happens all the time to SPs. A gentlemen will call or email and say, "I'd like to see you tomorrow around thus and such time....I'll call you tomorrow to let you know an exact time." At least 60% of those kinds of emails never confirm and never send an email saying they can't make it. I do not block off time for unconfirmed appointments and neither should the client.

The SP in question didn't do anything wrong and shouldn't be vilified as being "rude" or "unprofessional".

and yes I understand the OP said 'tentative appintment' but never read he saying she would email if she could ...

She told me she would be in touch with me before then.

If as above she said she would be in touch, in my opinion she had contact him and let him know if she would be able to meet him or not. Also, I would never tell a gentleman interested in meeting me 'I will contact you if I can' that would be not only lack of professionalism but also me not respecting his time, like if I can't or don't want to meet him for whatever reason why stopping him from making other plans with a lady willing to see him?

Isabella -- not sure that drlove got stood up, at least from a "technical" standpoint. Looking at his initial post, he said that the lady promised to communicate one more time presumably to firm things up (no pun intended ... Smile), so I think this may be more about politeness for lack of a better term.

You hit the nail on the head. We didn't have an appointment that was set in stone, merely a date and time that was to be confirmed. So, the issue is in fact, about politeness. With regard to agencies, once upon a time I used a certain agency exclusively. They were reputable and I was guaranteed that the lady I chose for the evening would be at my door within half an hour of me making that call. I was a loyal patron for over six years; unfortunately, the agency is no longer in operation. The difference now is that I've gone from hassle free hobbying to an environment where it takes a fair bit of effort to arrange an appointment - case in point: This thread. I feel things are getting to the point now where the hobby has lost some of its luster, so to speak. Things definitely aren't the same as they were in the good old days...

Additional Comments:

I agree. A lot of people seem to be posting as tho it was a no show on a confirmed appt, due to what the OP telling us he prepared for an appt. However at NO time did the sp confirm an appt, she only said she would get back to him the day before if she could do it. She did not promise to get back to him if she couldn't, fwiw. Given his followup email, it would have been a nice/polite thing for her just to repeat that she couldn't see him after all, but as I say, she wasn't really obligated to repeat with an email the obvious, and what she already told him prior to the day. And at that point, she might be saying to herself, what the heck is he emailing for??

That's why I'm not really following the strike one, off the list, name names, demand an explanation, or what have you. I don't think she could have been clearer: she would confirm if she can make it. She will not confirm if she cannot. She did not confirm, therefore she cannot make it. Its just A + B = C logic lol.

Not quite... she said that "Tuesday at 6:00pm sounds good" and "I will get back to you before then". So, either way, some type of correspondence would have been appreciated, even if she couldn't make it.

So, here's the story.... I've been trying to schedule an appointment with one of Cerb's lovely ladies. She has positive feedback, and I was looking forward to seeing her. The last few attempts resulted in the lady being unavailable due to scheduling conflicts and other obligations on her end. I e-mailed her over the weekend, and we had a tentative appointment for this evening. She told me she would be in touch with me before then.

This morning I still hadn't heard from her, and since I'd be at work all day, I sent her my contact info, address etc.. Now, I proceeded as though the appointment was going ahead. As such, I allotted time for the appointment by arranging my schedule around "playtime". Our appointment was to have started 15 minutes ago, and I have heard nothing. I understand if something came up again on her end. That's no problem since I can appreciate the fact that things may unexpectedly crop up. However, I feel that I was owed the courtesy of a reply of some kind, to keep me apprised of the appointment's status. After all, it's just good business practice. At this point, I'm feeling a bit put off by the whole thing. I'd appreciate everyone's input and thoughts on the matter, and opinions on how I should proceed.

Thanks!

It is possible this person had an emergency or something critical happen{I hope not},trying to give her the benifit of the doubt,however if you don't receive an explanation of some sort in an appropriate amount of time I would move on and consider that sp unreliable to say the least,I understand your frustration as a couple of clients have done this to me.

There have been many threads about this type of situation in the past, and most people who have responded to this have given you the best advice possible. Something may have come up, best thing to do is move on and in the future you never know...it could all work out between the two of you.

Yes. The lady in question did get back in touch with me and said she had some personal matters to attend to, which I completely understand. She also apologized for any inconvenience, which was very nice of her. I believe she's taking some time off at the moment, but I look forward to seeing her at some point in the future.

It is possible this person had an emergency or something critical happen{I hope not},trying to give her the benifit of the doubt,however if you don't receive an explanation of some sort in an appropriate amount of time I would move on and consider that sp unreliable to say the least,I understand your frustration as a couple of clients have done this to me.

Yes. The lady in question did get back in touch with me and said she had some personal matters to attend to, which I completely understand. She also apologized for any inconvenience, which was very nice of her. I believe she's taking some time off at the moment, but I look forward to seeing her at some point in the future.

That's good!!!

There are a number of ladies on Cerb that only pop up on occasion, so hopefully that will still work out.