We are all one?

I heard something on the radio just now that gave me pause to reflect on my beliefs.

I was raised with the whole "no man is an island" thing. God doesn't make junk. The loss of any one of us is a loss to all of us.

Then I heard that Clifford Olson has cancer and only has days to live.

I'm trying real hard to get to that "we are all one" space.

Just not working for me right now.

Sorry, in general, I don't like to see people suffer and die, but in Olsen's case

(and some others) I hope he is suffering in extreme pain and dies a miserable death

He is garbage, and his body shouldn't be buried, it should be thrown in a garbage dump

There, I said it

RG

• Like 1

Guest E*******h S******s

The death of anybody who takes pleasure in the suffering of others isn't a loss. It's a blessing to the rest of the world.

Yikes. Dare I?

I feel completely differently.

What makes me and other decent people different from Olson is our ability to feel empathy. Sociopaths don't feel it. We do.

I am not sad he is dying. At all. His cancer will provide the justice our justice system did not. But I take no pleasure in his pain. None.

I am a firm believer in the death penalty. But it needs to be painless.

I may not be consistent, but these are my thoughts. And I certainly don't begrudge others of theirs.

Whoever causes extreme pain on the weak especially defenceless women and children (rape, murder, torture .....) deserves to pay an equivalent price (die with extreme pain). He killed 11 children as young as nine. He is not a human. It takes more than walking on two legs to qualify as a human. Therefore I agree with roamingguy and Elizabeth Saunders and this is called justice not revenge. There are so many good people suffering from cancer then why should I shed a tear for a beast or his kinds? We do feel empathy for the fellow humans but not a beast.

• Like 1

In theory I do not support capital punishment. Instead, I believe in providing murderers with a backpack containing two PB&J sandwiches, some Oreos, a Pepsi and a light nylon jacket and dropping them off on Baffin Island. Good luck to ya, mate.

Seriously, though, the hard part and true test of a moral belief is maintaining it when it is uncomfortable. In the case of Olson, Bernardo and Williams. I cannot wish them dead but I can be unmoved by the prospect of their passing. If I were in a position where there were an action I would have to take to prolong their lives by another two seconds I would politely decline.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Guest f***2f***
In theory I do not support capital punishment. Instead, I believe in providing murderers with a backpack containing two PB&J sandwiches, some Oreos, a Pepsi and a light nylon jacket and dropping them off on Baffin Island. Good luck to ya, mate.

Seriously, though, the hard part and true test of a moral belief is maintaining it when it is uncomfortable. In the case of Olson, Bernardo and Williams. I cannot wish them dead but I can be unmoved by the prospect of their passing. If I were in a position where there were an action I would have to take to prolong their lives by another two seconds I would politely decline.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Your too kind...I wouldn't give him any food.

This is karma for Clifford Olsen. Now I can only hope that Paul Bernardo and Russell Williams get cancer and drop dead. I could never stand the sight of Russell Williams and dealing with him on another job was a freaking nightmare! Arrogant MOfo.

• Like 1