To turducken or not to turducken?

They are very tasty, lotsa preparation, but, I still prefer pussy. :lol: Me bad !!!

I have a friend that swears by it....

meat-turducken.jpg

There is now Osturducken.... all that in a commercially bred ostrich, suitable for a family of 114. Similar to a turducken, this food is a combination of four meats, ostrich, turkey duck, and chicken that are layered together and rolled into a poultry roast. With the exception of the ostrich meat, turducken and osturducken are prepared in the same manner, starting by spreading a spicy seasoning over the meat, then placing a cornbread and sausage stuffing over the meat as they are layered together, and rolling the layers into the shape of a roast. Typically, the skin of each bird is kept on the meat if this is hand made, in order to add moisture and flavor to the combination of meats. Commercially produced osturducken often removes the skin and layers only the meats together.

Osturducken is not as widely available as turducken, which is generally found during seasonal celebrations, such as Christmas.

Turducken, for those that can't make up their minds. Turkey, duck, chicken....oh crap, I'll just make all 3. Why not also make a filet of soleloin steak chop too?

Okay, seriously..never tried turducken but it would probably be pretty tasty.

I'm a turducken virgin too - and a bit oif a traditionalist at Thanksgiving.

Keep us posted though. It sounds different.

CB

*scratches on the window with a sad orphan face*

I want turducken for thanksgiving. I miss having family. *sigh*

Posted via Mobile Device

Have done the Turducken experience twice with company and they really enjoyed it (family so its an honest review). It was something I would do on occasion, but was not an incredible culinary delight or otherwise memorable experience. Having said that, if dark meat is your thing (as it is mine), it makes the Turducken experince that much more enjoyable, YMMV

Musings from a somewhat culinarily challenged single guy (great with the BBQ though).

G11

The real question is, "why would they begin any food product with "turd"?"

• Like 2

I think I'll stick to one meat thank you. Multiple meats combined into one sort of weirds me out. I mean, do you really need that much meat?

• Like 1

I think I'll stick to one meat thank you. Multiple meats combined into one sort of weirds me out. I mean, do you really need that much meat?

I am not sure "need" has anything to do with it. Like London Broils and Rouladen, or even turkey with sausage or oyster stuffing/dressing... it all depends on what you want to try or taste. I am sure it's not for everyone, but I would give it a shot....

Guest S**a*Q

I want this...

It's a bird in a bird in a bird in a bird in a bird in a pig.

You can never have too much meatfoodz.

I want this...

It's a bird in a bird in a bird in a bird in a bird in a pig.

You can never have too much meatfoodz.

That looked AWESOME!!!

That looked AWESOME!!!

If you think that's awesome, this is just downright decadent.

Back to the thread:

I've had duck and not a big fan. I think I'll stick to having some turkey with my stuffing (we always make extra stuffing).

Oh crap, forgot, I'm on a low carb diet. No stuffing.

But lots of turkey and veggies.

I've never tried it, but my grand-mother used to cook in the same pan and together a roast of veal, pork and a chicken; the mix of taste of the three meats and the sauce that you do in the pan, MMM, MMM

Maybe now I should call that veaporchick :icon_wink:

I am not sure "need" has anything to do with it. Like London Broils and Rouladen, or even turkey with sausage or oyster stuffing/dressing... it all depends on what you want to try or taste. I am sure it's not for everyone, but I would give it a shot....

I'm not saying I wouldn't try it (I mean, hey, I've eaten raw herring with onion), I just feel that it's meat overkill. To each their own.

I'm not saying I wouldn't try it (I mean, hey, I've eaten raw herring with onion), I just feel that it's meat overkill. To each their own.

I hear ya... I am just coming from a perspective of a family of 6, 5 of them guys and when dinner was served, we became rather carnivorous. Mom would prepare a beautiful dinner and the roast would be gone in a nanosecond....