"Apple has lost a visionary and creative genius, and the world has lost an amazing human being. Those of us who have been fortunate enough to know and work with Steve have lost a dear friend and an inspiring mentor. Steve leaves behind a company that only he could have built, and his spirit will forever be the foundation of Apple."

RIP Steve Jobs.

Sad as I sit here on my MacBook, texting on my iPhone - both of which I can't live without.

(If someone posted this already I missed it)

Such a clever guy.

Despite all his successes he lost his health. In the end that is something we should spend a moment to treasure over this weekend's holiday.

CB

• Like 1

He was one of the greatest innovators of all time. I hope his top execs at Apple will be able to follow in his footsteps of being a marketing genius. It will be interesting to see how they will market their products. R.I.P. Steve!

For the record, I've always been a "PC & Berry Guy". Having said that, the obvious genius, passion and market savvy of Mr. Steve Jobs was never more demonstrated than by the interview (replayed here tonight on the netweorks) between Bill Gates (Microsoft Founder and CEO) and Steve Jobs, (Apple Co founder and recently retired CEO).

Although it was an interview from days gone by, the huge respect, honesty, and engaging sense of humour between the two could not have been rehearesed - it was too genuine.

Thank you for sharing your life with us and making a difference Mr. Jobs.

G11

Musings: We've lost a genius but from that we shall learn, and others will follow to fill the void and build above and beyond.

Edited by Gentleman11

This news really affected me ... not when I heard it (at work), but when I got home that evening and started reading the stories on various websites and on CNN and FOX. But what really got me was going to Apple's website and seeing their very elegant ... and perfect tribute ... I really teared up.

Steve Jobs is someone that a lot of people felt they knew through his presentations at Apple events, and those people that are big Apple fans (there aren't really "small" Apple fans) took comfort in that fact that, especially during the last 10 years, they always knew something else special was right around the corner because he firmly was in control at Apple. Now he's not, and that's really sad. But there's still the company, and all of the people that adopted the same corporate DNA, that should keep things going. The one risk ... as best exemplified at Disney after Walt Disney died, is everyone tried to figure out "what would Walt do" instead of just making the best decisions they could, and that almost bankrupted Disney. If Apple employees try to make business decisions based on trying to figure out "what would Steve do," things wont go well. But if these very bright, extremely talented people maintain the same values while pursuing what they think is best, there's no limit to what can happen.

Probably the best quote I have heard about the news is a quote from Dr. Seuss (and my fellow Apple fans will understand this one):

"Don't be sad because its over ... be happy because it happened!"

Edited by Kubrickfan