Are you celebrating Thanksgiving?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Are you celebrating Thanksgiving?

• Yes
    • No
    • Who cares
    • I'm not sure

Guest **cely***r***ne

I am celebrating with Family this year! And Im so excited for turkey dinner OMG! I love stuffing MMmmm! :p

I look for any reason for my family and I to celebrate together, but this year not able to for distance, time and money has gotten in the way this year:(

But when ever we all are together, then we make a celebration anytime of year!

YES! All of my kids will be home. :) Turkey, dressing, potatos with GRAVY, cole slaw, peas, carrots, squash, pumpkin pie and apple pie. :)

Apple picking, card games, and alot of family time!

I'm going to be spending my third year not celebrating thanksgiving. I don't have family to celebrate with and it just seems easier to sit at home, have a guinness or two, and go to bed then do something with friends.

Posted via Mobile Device

Nope. I am not overly close to my family so it doesn't really matter...what make me sad though is seeing everyone on my facebook posting that they are having a good time:(

I am heading home tomorrow night to be with my girls.... I do love turkey....

Guest k***na

Spending time with family and enjoying our turkey dinner! I know I will be sleeping well after that dinner!

Heading out early Saturday morning to spend the weekend with family (thank god there's a laptop there LOL)

Having Thanksgiving dinner Monday...going to be a busy boy, doing the turkey with all the trimmings, geez I love getting invited for dinner, just I have to cook it

RG

Heading out early Saturday morning to spend the weekend with family (thank god there's a laptop there LOL)

Having Thanksgiving dinner Monday...going to be a busy boy, doing the turkey with all the trimmings, geez I love getting invited for dinner, just I have to cook it

RG

Funny about that cooking thing, eh? I am off into the boonies where there is no laptop!

I have a lot to celebrate one way or another - hope you do too.

Have a good one!

CB

Its great being a single dad with no culinary skills other than the BBQ and making creative salads, with a sister who has a fantastic family and is willing to share her great culinary skills.

Being family though, it should coincide with the football schedule (go Patriots)... (kidding, well maybe not so much).

I hope that each and every one of our CERB family has a wonderful and fulfilling long weekend and want to wish each and every one of you the very best from our household to yours.

Musings from a guy who loves long weekends more than you know.

G11

Everyone in my family has made different plans and are going out of town so not this Thanksgiving. I will see them at Christmas. Not sure what I will do this weekend. Probably just go out to dinner and get some much needed rest. I have done Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner hosting for 15 + people for more years than I can imagine so I'm taking a break which is something I don't get to do often.lol.

We're hosting, as everyone else in my family has downsized to condos or apartments. A mix of family and friends from ages 10 to 56. Looks like enough for a game of road football too.

A big ham with a side of ribs is on the menu, with all your favourite root vegetables, asparagus and seet potato pie.

Looks like a warm weekend in Ottawa to enjoy in one way or another. I hope everyone has a safe and fun time.

I live some distance from home and it can sometimes be hard to get everyone together.

On some Thanksgiving's and Christmas as well I love to prepare a meal and invite folks that may not have anyone to fix them dinner and to share what we have been blessed with. I have had many dinners over the years and I love my mismash dinner that brings in many different and interesting people..

My life is full of colorful people and the colors in their box always teach me something valuable about my owm life.

Thank you to all the people that have chosen to spend your holiday with me.

I trully love you all.

xoxo

• Like 1

I will be celebrating with family. It will be a small gathering, My father, my sister, her husband and myself.

We're gonna do it on the Sunday and i'm super pumped! I can't wait to spend the day cooking with my sister, sitting down to a sweet meal, and then cheering myself hoarse when the Winnipeg Jet's season opener comes on t.v!

My best wishes to all of you who are not celebrating. If it were possible to have you all as guests at our table, I would be honored to share a meal with you :)

I'm having dinner with friends on Saturday evening, then cooking dinner for my partner, my son and myself on Monday. Turkey with cornbread dressing, candied sweet potatoes, some green vegetable, cranberry sauce and a pumpkin cheesecake are on the menu. It looks like too much food, but with a teenager in the house, I don't think it will last past Wednesday!

I hope everyone here has a peaceful and happy weekend!

But Thanksgiving Day is still a special seasonal holiday I look forward to. Time with family and friends to remind me that without them, it would be a lonely existance.

For anyone I have met, thankyou for whatever we have shared, be it a one time meeting or a journey wherever our paths cross.

These are the times, the experiences and the opportunities given to enrich my time on this planet.

Have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving Weekend everyone.:grin:

Guest K***e D****ls

I'll be doing Thanksgiving with both friends and family. I love this time of year and this holiday. I'm really blessed to have these people in my life.

At the risk of veering off, a lot of grocery stores have food drives this time of year. Anything helps, so if possible, help someone in need this Thanksgiving.

Absolutely I'll be celebrating Thanksgiving. I'll be with my father's family and can't wait, gives me a chance to connect further with them since I grew up in England and never really got to spend the time I should have with my family here in Canada. They've been really good to me since I moved here and I am really looking forward to being in a full turkey come tomorrow! :D

YES! All of my kids will be home. :) Turkey, dressing, potatos with GRAVY, cole slaw, peas, carrots, squash, pumpkin pie and apple pie. :)

Apple picking, card games, and alot of family time!

Hoping for some leftovers. :)

I love stuffing too!!! And pumpkin (with whipped cream) and mince-meat (warm with melting ice cream) pies.