Ok. I have a ton of people coming over Monday. I make a decent turkey, I do. But I'm looking for a really good turkey recipe. She's 20 lbs and I am limited to oven-roasting (don't have a fryer or any other cooking device).

Any help out there?

I was given this tip by a head chef of the Chateau Laurier over 30 years ago and have used ever since and it is used by several of friends that always cook dry turkey. first Salt and pepper the insides of the turkey then put it in a pan.

using a flavor injector inject a dark beer into the breast and leg and thigh meat.

then put the turkey breastside down in a roasting pan. pour in a bottle of beer and let the turkey marinate in it for a hour or two. Then stuff the turkey and put on your spices on the turkey skin. Follow the cooking recipe on on any recipe. The beer will make the turkey tender and give yo a nice brown skin. Good luck

hope this helps

I did last years Christmas turkey using a brine and it was my best one ever and I'm not a real big turkey fan.

I don't have a recipe off hand for you but there are good ones on the internet.

The main thing is having a container to soak the turkey overnight in the brine. I used a cooler lined with the large plastic bag for easier clean up. You can also pack ice around it to keep it cool.

The brine breaks down the meat leaving you with a very moist and tender turkey, especially the white. Just make sure to rinse it well after the brine. It was actually very simple to do and it cooks well in the oven.

Enjoy your meal either way you go about preparing it.

When you brine it, make sure it is completely dried before cooking. Also, lot's of butter under and on the skin is great. My favority turkey seasoning is summer savory, not savory, SUMMER savory. You can get it at bulk barn. Mix is in with the butter and massage away :)

Well I make a basting sauce of 3/4 melted butter, 1/4 dry white wine.

Season the sauce with poultry seasonings (sage, savoury, etc)

Before cooking the turkey, put butter under the skin.

Then while the turkey is cooking, every 15 minutes baste the bird

And one other tip, instead of sewing the bird up (some do) I just use safety pins

Happy Thanksgiving

RG