Another comment:

To be infected you would have to have followed someone who was already infected with a viris and then exposed to the contaminated instruments used that were not cleaned properly in accordance with medical protocols.

I assume this is why the probability is small. I am not belittling people that may be concerned, but I have to say depending on the media outlet - some statements seemed to try and promote "hysteria" rather than informing the community of the facts.

I applaud the Ottawa Health Community with the actions they have taken. Is is the only responsible thing to do - inform the whole community of the issue, explain the risk and be prepare to administer test and health care advice as appropriate.

Very small percentage indeed, It's doubtful anyone was infected, however, We can't forget about the lives that were affected by the tainted blood scandal in Ottawa in the 80's. It's a shame these things do happen, I'm bringing my own supplies from now on, just sayin

Also, it reads "Thousands potentially exposed to HIV, hepatitis" - we can walk down the street- go to the store, we are potentially exposed to HIV, hepatitis everyday.