We should be careful to get out of an experience only the wisdom that is in it - and stop there; lest we be like the cat that sits down on a hot stove-lid. She will never sit down on a hot stove-lid again, and that is well; but also she will never sit down on a cold one anymore. -- Mark Twain

• Like 1

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it."

-Buddha

• Like 1

"If I were given a dollar for everytime you were in my thoughts, I'd only have one because you never left them."

Some of the best quotes from Yogi Berra! Nothing better out there for a giggle than a good old Yogiism!

"90% of the game is half mental."

"Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."

"It ain't over till it's over."

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

"Thank you for making this day necessary."

"It's déjà vu all over again"

"You can observe a lot by watching."

"Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't go to yours."

"There's absolutely nothing wrong with not wanting paid companionship, or even sex, for awhile."

Samantha Evans

• Like 2

Bisexuality immediately doubles your chances for a date on Saturday night.

Rodney Dangerfield

I'm pretty sure that was originally Oscar Wilde's witticism :)

One from me, paraphrased:

Of course gods exist. But there's no point worshiping them. It just encourages the buggers.

-- Terry Pratchett

And also, of course, the one in my sig. I think of this one every morning when I can't face getting out of bed just yet :)

Not so much a quote - A traditional Irish bleassing, but it is meaningful to me and appropriate to use more often than one might think it would be.

May the road rise to meet you

May the wind be always at your back

The sun shine warm upon your face

The rains fall soft upon your fields

And until we meet again,

May God hold you in the hollow of his hand.

Edited by mrrnice2

My cute quote is

One drink I can feel it,and two drinks anybody can feel it! Lmao!!

Another one of my cute quotes!

My wife is a sex Object, every time I ask she Objects. Lol.

Heaven is where the police are British, the chefs Italian, the mechanics German, the lovers French and it's all organized by the Swiss....Hell is where the police are German, the chefs British, the mechanics French, the lovers Swiss and it's all organized by the Italians.

• Like 1

"So many of our dreams at first seem impossible. Then they seem improbable. And then....when we summon the will....they soon become inevitable" - Christopher Reeve

To the moralist prostitution does not consist so much in the fact that the woman sells her body, but rather that she sells it out of wedlock.

EMMA GOLDMAN, Anarchism and Other Essays

What is marriage but prostitution to one man instead of many?

ANGELA CARTER, Nights at the Circus

Marriage is for woman the commonest mode of livelihood, and the total amount of undesired sex endured by women is probably greater in marriage than in prostitution.

BERTRAND RUSSELL, Marriage and Morals

If nobody wants to sell sex, it is a crime to force anyone to do so. But when men or women do want to sell their bodies, they should have that full right without encountering punishment or discrimination. If the client behaves decently, the relationship between the sex buyer and the sex seller must be considered a purely private transaction.

NILS JOHAN RINGDAL, Love For Sale

Prostitution is criminal, and bad things happen because it's run illegally by dirt-bags who are criminals. If it's legal, then the girls could have health checks, unions, benefits, anything any other worker gets, and it would be far better.

JESSE VENTURA, Playboy interview, Nov. 1999

Butterfield 8, with its call-girl heroine working her way down the alphabet of men from Amherst to Yale, appeared at a very formative moment in my adolescence and impressed me forever with the persona of the prostitute, whom I continue to revere. The prostitute is not, as feminists claim, the victim of men, but rather their conqueror, an outlaw, who controls the sexual channels between nature and culture.

CAMILLE PAGLIA, Vamps and Tramps

The only way to stop this trafficking in and profiting from the use of women's bodies is for prostitution to be legalized. Legalization will open it up to regulation; and regulation means safety.

JEANNETTE ANGELL, Callgirl

"Don't hunt elephants with a BB gun"

A quote in regards to using heavy tackle for fishing for muskie/big pike. Sorry, just heard it, liked it, thought I'd share.

Anyone who fishes understands, anyone who doesn't fish, well they'll just be looking at me funny (funnier)

RG

i read these one's on the wall in a little Deli once:

"of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most"

" My wife wanted a new experience, so sent her to the kitchen"

I got a good giggle :)

Now I can look at you in peace; I don't eat you anymore.

--Franz Kafka

If a man aspires towards a righteous life, his first act of abstinence is from injury to animals.

--Albert Einstein

You will know that forgiveness has begun when you recall those who hurt you and feel the power to wish them well. --Lewis B. Smedes

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them... and you have their shoes.

--Jack Handey