Comfort for your cold and flu....

I have been lucky so far, everyone around me is getting sick, as it is the time of year:( I almost went down with it, but I took Vit C, with buckly's capsules. I was sick for one day and poof!! I was much better:) Buckly's is by far the best( for me) than any other cold meds out there, with neocitrin coming close 2nd.

I turn into a big baby when I am sick, it is funny actually. I will cry at the slightest fever, lol. So comfort is big when sick, isn't it? So I wrap myself into my most favorite blanky, soft and warm. Pick a good movie, chick soup, hearbal tea's and wont move till bedtime, lol. For some reason I always want rice crispies squares too. dunno what's with that? lol.

What brings you comfort when sick? Do you play the " I will ignore it and it will go away game?" Or do you have a comfort list?

Guest S**a*Q

I rarely get sick. I take a few vitamins and stuff like that, but I SWEAR by Oil of Oregano. I take 5 drops in water or milk everyday when I'm fine. If someone's sick, I suggest to do that twice a day, but gargle with the mixture before swallowing.

Oil of oregano is a natural anti-virulent and purifier. It's good for everything!

http://www.homeremediesweb.com/oil_of_oregano_health_benefits.php

As SMQ said, oil of oregano is a great preventative measure/curative tactic. Aside from a healthy diet and exercise, I consider it my best line of defence against illness.

But when it comes to comfort, I'm a sucker for hot toddies. They're so very warm and wonderful.

For those who've never had one:

In a mug, pour one shot whiskey, the juice of half a lemon, four or five whole cloves, as much honey as you like, and fill the rest with boiling water. Wrap self in blanket, snuggle into a pile of pillows, and consume mixture while watching something that makes you laugh. Should you feel sleepy after doing this, just go with it- the rest will do you good.

I also like tomato soup with saltines, toast, and fruit juice. For some reason they help me feel better about my situation.

I too rarely get sick,I take a high dose of fish oil eveyday and other supplements,wash my hands very often and try to make at least one of my meals very healthy , with veggies and lean protien.When I am sick I just wait it out,cuddle with my little fur baby and watch movies,not much else you can do,it's a virus and it will run it's course,nothing we take will rid us of it,so I'm told.