Security Cams - are they good?

I was thinking on installing some security cams & lighting around the house. Had some vandalism this past Autumn which is just plain annoying. I would like to capture image of the drunk-ass little F#cker just so his parents will be so embarrassed they would disown him.

1st time in 14 years this happened to me. I've heard of other crap that regularly happens to my neighbours, so I guess I should consider myself lucky.

Saw an advert for a security system that can be activated/monitored from anywhere on the internet. Sometimes I think this security thing can be a little too overboard - I think the commercials like to play on paranoia. I was thinking on installing cameras for the front door, over the garage, side yards & backyard. I like the front door camera and intercom thing in combination with a sprinkler system for Salesmen/Mormons. I have vivid fantasies that involve permanent & lurid orange coloured dyes.

Does anyone have any experience or useful advice to offer?

• Like 1

Deer Cams work great if it is night time, and they are cheaper for those who need security but can not afford to have them hooked up to sprinklers with dye! haha Jabba

If only we could do something like that to unwanted guests. The only trouble with it is the legal aspect. It is not illegal for them to go door to door.

Internet, yes..from anywhere you can see what you have supervised..But how fun can that be if you can't speak into a speaker and scare the crap out of them.. I think I'd go Eastwood on them.."I'll blow a hole in your face then go inside and sleep like a baby." You know, the fun stuff! Good luck

Guest ma***sf***x

Sorry to hear this happened to you but I would say yes and get some!.Good luck