This should be brought to every Cerb member's attention!

Guest h****hedl

I would like to bring up a very important issue that arose over this holiday season concerning SP and client rights on Cerb. This is a "discussion thread" and would like to keep it to that (if you have nothing positive worth-while saying...opt to read and follow along versus hi-jacking a thread that really hit home with me - please). I will do my best to carefully word this, using only facts, & a light brushing of opinion on my behalf: Here goes everything....let's just presume this is hypothetical..I know, I know, easier said than done! But I am doing my best to stay within the rules of Cerb.

HYPOTHETICALLY: In December, I was to have one of my favorite and most regular SPs come over for an outcall. She and I discussed that she would like to update her Cerb photos, and because we have had 20+ encounters to date - she asked if I would do the honors (her clarifying there is no charge - I am DOING HER A FAVOR!)...I gladly agreed knowing she trusts me, not to mention who wouldn't take photos of a beauty? In that agreement, I would purchase an hour of her time for personal "pampering" either before or after the photo shoot. On her way over that evening, she calls and says "Come on, spend some more money on ****** ****!" (her name, obviously anonymous, to stay within the boundaries of Cerb's rules in this post)

I didn't like this...I felt terribly guilty, and offer her extra $$$ for another listed service on top of the already agreed hour. She then becomes her bubbly self again...problem solved?

She arrives complaining of her hard partying the night before and asks to freshen up in the shower for her photos. Of course, not a problem. Gotta look your best! Nearly 30 minutes later, she's done preparing, we go straight into photographing her in different outfits and positions (quite a nice perk - admittedly). After taking nearly 45 photos, she starts complaining to me that she is now in a rush, and had some holiday stuff to take care of. The time management was all her call - I even reminded her when she was changing that I couldn't wait to indulge! The 1 hour and CBJ were paid up front (as always) when she arrived. So she quickly rushes the CBJ (after photo shoot) not very pleasurable, if that is possible..uploads her photos from my camera and leaves. Before leaving, she says that she will happily return the next evening at a specific time. Very thoughtful, I concur. The time rolls around the next eve, I wait an extra twenty minutes to be safe and call her...she tells me she got busy and would make the same previous arrangement for 2 nights later (again at a specific time - very much an appointment). No show again, this time she does not answer her phone and I leave a polite yet concerned message (is she okay? Did something happen...nothing impolite or ignorant...) She doesn't respond. I wait two days, and try again...no response.

MEANWHILE, her Cerb ads keep showing her availability as immediate. I try again, she answers...lies to me saying she was in Montreal (yes I am sure the SPs looking for business in their Ottawa incall ads are in Montreal while doing these incalls!) NOTE: My friend called and arranged an incall to verify that she was here...he then cancelled when she agreed to meet him pretty much short notice. I was very hurt to say the least. Another pre-arranged appointment no show! She had basically stolen my money that was paid in agreement for a 1 hour FS appointment (now over a week later).

After not returning my calls and pure frustration on my behalf; I PMed the Mod asking if there was a "bad date" section (or would this appropriately fit into the Cowboy's diary?) for hobbyists to report incidents like this - so fellow Cerb hobbyists would be aware of this lady's intentions. The response was: "I would hate to send you to another website to relay this info...but you can't do that (slander)to an SP on Cerb." (and attached a link to another website). Fair response by the Mod, they have rules to enforce...

This is now done and over, I am cutting my losses and moving forward. My general question to the Cerb public: "What can be done to prevent this in the future?" "Is it unrealistic to create a section that hobbyists can glance through from time to time...holding people like this particular lady accountable for her actions?" I know if I ripped off an SP (I NEVER would!) I would be black-booked and held accountable likely losing my place in the Cerb community.

What are your thoughts? Please let's keep this a positive discussion of possible solutions and positive motives. Not interested in turning this thread into a "I had a bad experience too..." thread. And please do not PM me for the lady's name...that would also be slanderous and against the rules I am sure. Let's pull together and discuss...

I sympathise with your situation, I really do! However, having a section like this could be used in a very bad way as well. Let's say SP has something against another SP in her city( or wherever) and wants to damage her reputation. That SP let's say " has a way" to muniplate her #1 client into creating a post that is completly bogus, how would we know? Or let's say....I had to refuse a client for reasons like rudness, intoxication etc...he gets mad and wants to get "even" with me by posting false stories, how could we regulate this?

I would have to say this type of section could become very messy quickly. It is unfortainate that you had gone through this with her. Hopefully she will do right by you as soon as she can. For me, I always use professional photographers, and if a client wants to play photographer I look at it is booked session, for my time. But I have learned to keep things clearly in black and white with no grey area's when dealing with any kind of session I book. As the hobbiest should as well. Good luck, I do hope you get the answer you are looking for. Just learn from this experience, cut your losses and move on. There are some really great ladies here that will do right by you each visit:)