CERN vs cerb on my iphone

Why does my iphone correct me when I try to text cerb. It autocorrects to CERN.. so today I finally looked up this CERN on the web..

http://public.web.cern.ch/public/

It's the ''european organization of nuclear research'' which... well.. why does my iphone want so desperately to push it on me? I mean.. it should be EONR. no?

Anyway. I do like my autocorrect feature because my thumbs are just too big for those little keyboard keys and I often hit the wrong one.. but how do I get it to remember cerb and quit insisting on CERN?

I checked any threads on here and even found one mod got autocorrected on to CERN instead of cerb.. must have been on his phone..lol.

from wiki: The acronym CERN originally stood, in French, for Conseil Européen pour la Recherche Nucléaire (European Council for Nuclear Research), which was a provisional council for setting up the laboratory, established by 12 European governments in 1952. The acronym was retained for the new laboratory after the provisional council was dissolved, even though the name changed to the current Organisation Européenne pour la Recherche Nucléaire (European Organization for Nuclear Research) in 1954.[2] According to Lew Kowarski, a former director of CERN, when the name was changed the acronym could have become the awkward OERN, and Heisenberg said that the acronym could "still be CERN even if the name is not

In fairness to the autocorrect, CERN has the potential to redefine pretty much everything we know about space and time. Although, now that I think about it, some ladies on CERB have done that to me too. Hmmm... further research is required. :D

The iPhone does this because Apple has heard of CERN but not CERB. Someone will correct me if I am wrong but, in theory, after you have changed CERN to CERB a few times, it is supposed to "learn" the new word and stop doing that.

Carrie you always have interesting threads. There are similarities between cerb and cern. cern is interested in leptons, oscillations and bosons vs cerbites interested in lesbians, vibrators and bosoms.

• Like 1

mine keeps saying verb not cerb but it's not an iphone, auto correct is a scary thing sometimes, I have added some of the things I txt and if you write bring food to your mom or sister and it auto corrects because of a miss spell to bbbj that can be a Christmas embarrassment too lol

I thought it would 'learn' to keep cerb first as well.. but I've had my phone about a year now and it doesn't.. always preferring CERN.. next of course is verb as an option. Is there no way to prioritize a word that you use more frequently?

Some of the words and phrases make me laugh.. any physicists who prefer dirty talk might like some of these.

"Accelerators boost beams of particles to high energies before they are made to collide with each other or with stationary targets."

Very easy to see how you could put a sexual 'spin' on some of these.

Maybe there is some nefarious preference placed on CERN by the scientist there - apparently they're the ones who brought us the internet.