It's the small stuff that really bugs me

Sorry folks, but I'm confused.

What does honesty have to do with a discussion about toilet paper?...but, just to go with the flow, I honestly enjoy a good soft paper product. Maybe I'll step up to try the Charmin.

Jesus NO Jabba ! Go with Scotties softies. If u have time to count every square on a roll of Charmin I think they short you at least one piece of ass wipe in every package ;)

Posted via Mobile Device

Sorry folks, but I'm confused.

What does honesty have to do with a discussion about toilet paper?...but, just to go with the flow, I honestly enjoy a good soft paper product. Maybe I'll step up to try the Charmin.

Hmmm perhaps I misread? Don't sweat the small stuff is the title of the thread?

Now of course, toilet paper might not fit that criteria either? I mean it is hardly an insignifican issue? There must be other small stuff that we get perturbed about?

Why for example one burning issue with me is when the snowplow takes out my mailbox down by the road. Now that should not irk me as it does. But a nice soft double or triple ply tissue to dry my tears makes it ever so much more bearable. :)

• Like 1

Lol at all the toilet paper talk. My father was a crazy man about toilet paper. It was such an issue with him no one in the house would dare buy any in fear of making a mistake. If you did look out.

One good thing I have learned in this thread at least Lee Richards and I are not related, we can't possible have the same father!!

Toilet paper, under/over - who gives a shit...... Protocol, drives me crazy.

Apparently there is a right way and a wrong way to place, knives, forks and spoons. I am just there to eat, what does it matter which place each one is on. I am a lefty anyway, so I would just switch them up I am sure.

I had a debate on this once and said, it isn't important any more, and they felt just the opposite. Polled a bunch on their friends, and no one really cares, unless of course you have invited the King/Queen for dinner.

The Queen probably care that much either ...

Garment tags with hidden RFid tags in them .... That is really irritating. I had one pair of jeans that kept setting off every store detector I went through. At Zellars one day they nearly did a strip search to find out where I was hiding the stolen merchandise. I said only if I could choose which check-out girl did the search!!

Toilet paper ... The double rolls are the biggest con ever.

Porthos

Toilet paper, under/over - who gives a shit...... Protocol, drives me crazy.

Apparently there is a right way and a wrong way to place, knives, forks and spoons. I am just there to eat, what does it matter which place each one is on. I am a lefty anyway, so I would just switch them up I am sure.

I had a debate on this once and said, it isn't important any more, and they felt just the opposite. Polled a bunch on their friends, and no one really cares, unless of course you have inviting the King/Queen for dinner.

I'm more of a believer in function .vs. form...

So, if the TP is over the roll, it is a little too close to grab. I have to scrunch up my little hand to grab a handful.

If the TP is on the underside, then I have a much more comfortable time (and a lot more fun) reeling off the sheets. I can also count the individual sheets much better - good for those bean counters.

I think we should poll the Royals to see their preferred style.

I think Harry uses a Lufa. Pretty dang rough but thorough & re-usable.

Garment tags with hidden RFid tags in them .... That is really irritating. I had one pair of jeans that kept setting off every store detector I went through. At Zellars one day they nearly did a strip search to find out where I was hiding the stolen merchandise. I said only if I could choose which check-out girl did the search!!

Or when you buy something and they can't desensitize the EAS tag after numerous attempts, so they just tell me to go through anyways and set the darn thing off for a 4th or 5th time. I always very politely but firmly refuse and insist that I must leave the store without setting the alarm off, and suggest they then follow and hand me my merchandise outside the store. If they won't comply with this simple request then I ask where the returns counter is and return the item(s) I just purchased for a refund - errr!

Oddly happened just the other day and I returned the item - no sale.

My my brother was stationed in England with the Army, he complained about how expensive toilet paper was (a buck a roll) and with a wife and 2 girls in the house, he said they were going through a roll a day.

So I guess we should feel blessed that we haven't clear cutted all of our trees (yet) and we can still get a 12 pack of one brand or another on sale every week.

I have the flu and went thru 3 rolls in 24 hours.

demotivational-posters-toilet-paper.jpg

RG has a good handle on the viciousness of TP.

It attacks without warning like a swarming.

But the nice stuff is the tattered ends as they blow in the wind. They signal a final silence of battle done - think of "Taps".

The plaintiff notes are credence to finality and quietude.

Does anyone remember the commercial TP dispensers that gave you one folded sheet at a time? The paper was really hard & difficult to use. Plus, you had to use a whole bunch of them to get adequate coverage.

Oh yeah I remember those sheets. Pretty thin stuff too. And on the cubicle wall beside was written;

"Carleton University Diploma.....take one"

Does anyone remember the commercial TP dispensers that gave you one folded sheet at a time? The paper was really hard & difficult to use. Plus, you had to use a whole bunch of them to get adequate coverage.

If the dispenser was getting close to empty, the sheets wouldn't dispense easily and you had to dig inside the dispenser to get the TP. Sometimes, the TP would just drop out of the dispenser onto the floor.

Almost as bad as those cubicles that made you pay a dime or quarter just to get into the cubicle. Talk about inhumanity.

As a female who frequented many bars (dated too many musicians), I got quite good at speed pulling those stupid dispensers.

What addle-pated idiot thought up that little gem. Lets dispense tiny squares of 20lb bond paper!!!!

Additional Comments:

Oh yeah I remember those sheets. Pretty thin stuff too. And on the cubicle wall beside was written;

"Carleton University Diploma.....take one"

HAHAHAHA

I guess it depended on what gender you were. They were scratchy as hell!

Do you remember the tunnels back when they were fun??