If anyone can make suggestions to what digital camera would be the best one for taking self shots,I would very much appreciate the advice.I want to take some more pics and I am tired of using my i phone,still don't want to go the pro route and I have heard some digital cams can do a good job,thanks:icon_mrgreen:

If anyone can make suggestions to what digital camera would be the best one for taking self shots,I would very much appreciate the advice.I want to take some more pics and I am tired of using my i phone,still don't want to go the pro route and I have heard some digital cams can do a good job,thanks:icon_mrgreen:

Digital cameras all have a self timer and auto focus so all you need is one that can be mounted on a tripod (and of course a tripod) and this will do way better than your phone.

However, taking pictures of ones self is not as easy to get good natural looking pictures as you might think it would be, so I would think the ultimate tripod (you don't have to pay for) is any willing client and I'm sure you would have more than a few volunteers. And along the same lines, perhaps you don't even need to invest in the expense of a good camera, perhaps just your own memory card for someone else's. In any event, anything that does 14 megapixels with 8 - 10 times optical zoom is good. I paid about $60 for my GE X55 which looks like an SLR and does a great job.

• Like 1

I have Nikon SLR with a big lens, but now I've started to carry a small digital compact when I travel. There, so many good ones out there today and the features keep getting so much better it's really hard to choose. In the fall I bought a Lumix DMC-ZS10 and it'll do HD video and has stereo audio, gps tagging, 16X zoom and 14 mega pixel, all for $300. This is probably more camera than you want, so I will make a few suggestions.

Figure out what you want to spend, and you can probably get a fairly good one for $150. I would suggest figuring out what options you want, for example you don't really really need a big zoom most of the time and more than 8-10 mega pixels is overkill. Pick several good brands, e.g Nikon, Canon. Go to a Future Shop and you'll find probably a dozen choices, so talk to the sales guy about what you want. The last thing I would do is do is some online price comparisons, and you'll probably find a 25-30 different range at the local stores.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Guest S*rca****sid

I myself am a Canon guy. Any point-and-shoot camera will do. Which iPhone do you have (3G, 3Gs, 4G)? You can take great photos with the 4G version.

The one thing to remember when taking self pics, make sure you have a steady surface to put the camera (or phone) on. The biggest challenge (or mistake) is holding the camera yourself.

I myself am a Canon guy. Any point-and-shoot camera will do. Which iPhone do you have (3G, 3Gs, 4G)? You can take great photos with the 4G version.

The one thing to remember when taking self pics, make sure you have a steady surface to put the camera (or phone) on. The biggest challenge (or mistake) is holding the camera yourself.

I have 3g,and as you may have noticed all my pics show me holding my phone,thats why I want to get a better camera that will allow me to takes pics without having to hold a camera,thanks

I would think the ultimate tripod (you don't have to pay for) is any willing client and I'm sure you would have more than a few volunteers. And along the same lines, perhaps you don't even need to invest in the expense of a good camera, perhaps just your own memory card for someone else's. .

I would think this would be the best idea. Ask a client you trust. I'm sure you'll find no shortage of clients who would be willing to come over and spend some time enjoying a fashion show/photo shoot, prior to a session. Personally, I think it would be a very hot prelude to the session.

Oh, and coincidently I just bought a new digital SLR ... Just saying!!

Porthos

• Like 1

I agree.. I am a free lance photographer. if you are serious in buying a really good digital camera for yourself I would recommend the Canon Powershot (even though I personally only use Nikon) http://www.canon.ca/inetCA/subCategoryHome?msegid=2&catid=17&scatid=18 Best value for your dollar in my opinion. However, like many have already said in above posts, it would be better to get a client that you know, to take free picture for you that already has a lot of professional equipment .

I have a Canon EOS and a smaller Kodak Easyshare. Both are good for taking self shots. Most of mine are; here and on my site. I have also taken shots for a few of the Ladies here. Its easy if you plan ahead and get into the groove! ;-)

Additional Comments:

I have 3g,and as you may have noticed all my pics show me holding my phone,thats why I want to get a better camera that will allow me to takes pics without having to hold a camera,thanks

I also have 2 tripods, but any flat surface at the required height will do.