When Spring has sprung...has something else sprung?

I have noticed each year that when spring arrives, the phone starts to ring more.

Is it simply the winter blues ending? Or is it a reaction from our primal instincts? Like other mammals in the kingdom, we seem to become more alive with more drive than all of the somber winter.

I tend to get insomnia for the first 3 weeks of spring. Also more sex drive is certainly noticeable. Does this ring true for you? Are you in fact more horny in spring then winter?

We may pretend we're not as close to the rest of the animal kingdom as we really are, but at the end of the day, we're still mostly instinctual creatures.

Spring - for most people, and I am certainly in that group - is exciting. Cold becomes warm, sticks grow buds and leaves, the sun stays longer in the sky. It's a time of tangible vitality. And part of that is fertility/procreation.

Interestingly enough, some studies suggest that in the warmer months we tend to be looking more for a "mate", whereas in cooler months we tend more towards casual relations.

There's conflicting evidence, though, as we're too complicated and sexed up to really quantify so simply.

I think its individual - as the various studies suggest. Spring is certainly a sexier time, but that doesn't necessarily mean more sex.

Personally, the seasons have zero impact on my sex drive. My stress level and how happy I am does.

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 1

It might be that Christmas bills are paid off and income tax refunds have arrived.

Although women shedding winter parkas for outfits that show off their delicious form does fire the imagination and stoke the desire!

Guest **cely***r***ne

I find huge relief when spring arrives, because I feel like a bear in the winter..."I must hibernate" (LoL) so when the birds sing, the sun shines and the dirty snow melts to reveal mud,I am ever so happy, horny and more energetic!

Im excited today as the time moves forward! Means the sun is out for one more hour hee hee

It might be that Christmas bills are paid off and income tax refunds have arrived.

Although women shedding winter parkas for outfits that show off their delicious form does fire the imagination and stoke the desire!

Interesting (and likely very accurate) theories.

The holidays like Christmas and New Years are a time to spend with family and friends, not be out "hobby"ing. Oh, I actually hate referring to it as a hobby so much, shame on me!

While I think there is so much more to it and calling it a hobby is very wrong, I respect, rely and even depend on the clear line of demarcation between a "professional" friendship and our other lives.

This makes me think of a comment my brother said a few years back after a looong cold Manitoba winter...which is most winters !!

He said by mid winter around here don't even mention sex.... come early to Mid-March I start dropping hints and by first week of April she is tearing my cloths off . Why do you think most birthdays seem to be in January and February around here....and if they are in November then the kid should probably have a shirt that says "Made in Mexico" haha.

• Like 2