Sign in to follow this  

EMail Warning- don't open any attached videos on email from me

Maybe should be posted in tech corner but this section gets more traffic

A spam or virus email was sent to me by someone I know on my address book

Turns out they really didn't send it, somehow it attached to their address book and forwarded on a spam email to everyone in the address book

So if you get any emails from people in your address book and it says

Click Here To See Attached Photos don't open the attachment just delete the email

Dumb me, when I got it the sender I know so I opened it, been a mess of emails sent back to me

RG

• Like 1

Dumb me, when I got it the sender I know so I opened it, been a mess of emails sent back to me

RG

Opps. So now you understand you are infected also and propagating the virus also? Hope so. That's how this spreads, by exploiting your trust for someone you know.

MalwareBytes, Super Anti-Spyware, Spotbot Search and Destroy but lots of "fake" versions of these out there to. Never ends.

Hope you have got (or will get it) cleaned up ok. Should add this one to the thread "things that suck and not in a good way" :)

Don't feel bad about it, your friend got sucked into this vortex first. You're not the first or the last to fall for this one. Thanks for the warning.

Opps. So now you understand you are infected also and propagating the virus also? Hope so. That's how this spreads, by exploiting your trust for someone you know.

MalwareBytes, Super Anti-Spyware, Spotbot Search and Destroy but lots of "fake" versions of these out there to. Never ends.

Hope you have got (or will get it) cleaned up ok. Should add this one to the thread "things that suck and not in a good way" :)

Don't feel bad about it, your friend got sucked into this vortex first. You're not the first or the last to fall for this one. Thanks for the warning.

Don't worry, not spreading it with this post...once I found out deleted the emails, including the link

This shouldn't affect anyone here (touch wood), I use a different email for this lifestyle, not hotmail. But I assume that there are people who use hotmail, and this may be going through hotmail

RG