Why is Chat so dead?

Guest LeafsFan

Hello everyone. I have been surfing on CERB for a little while now though I have only posted a couple of times.

I am curious why more people, particularly the ladies, don't hop into the chat room more often? I see that there are usually several hundred, if not well over a thousand people, on the CERB at any given time. Yet there are usually less than 10 - 15 people in the chat room. Why is that?

For myself, I don't find that I get a ton of info from ads and really prefer to feel like I have some kind of connection with the lady that I will be meeting with. So I tend to hop into chat to say hello and hope that there will be ladies there to chat with and see if we click.

Just a thought...any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

First up... CERB, like pretty much every other online forum, has far more lurkers than contributing members. That's just the way it is.

Secondly, not all the members who post use chat (like me, f'rinstance :) ).

Thirdly... is it just me, or has it been generally quiet around here of late? Hopefully it's just people not posting because they're on their winter vacations and things will pick up...

Hello everyone. I have been surfing on CERB for a little while now though I have only posted a couple of times.

I am curious why more people, particularly the ladies, don't hop into the chat room more often? I see that there are usually several hundred, if not well over a thousand people, on the CERB at any given time. Yet there are usually less than 10 - 15 people in the chat room. Why is that?

For myself, I don't find that I get a ton of info from ads and really prefer to feel like I have some kind of connection with the lady that I will be meeting with. So I tend to hop into chat to say hello and hope that there will be ladies there to chat with and see if we click.

Just a thought...any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

It's true, used to be more popular. Seems more so with those in Ottawa and a few other major cities. I don't think I've ever seen a "real" conversation in there.

To be honest I avoid chat these days... if there are any ladies around they will ask what you are up to and if there is any interest in meeting and I so hate to have to say no, I'm a 1,000 miles away.

Came in super handy once!

Once I was in Ottawa starting to preparing to see two wonderful ladies the next day (a guy has to go there once at least, not Ottawa but two ladies at once) and I almost cut myself shaving so I took a break from it and logged into CERB for a few minutes. No new messages to review so I went in the chat room.

An SP started chatting with me almost right away (I'm not the sort to initiate a private chat for any reason) and she asked if there was anything she could do for me. Not wanting to waste her time, I very quickly told her that I was already taken and just taking a break from careful preparations (not just personal grooming but also preparing my hotel suite) for the next day. She continued to chat with me (her choice) and it was discovered that she was a former hairdresser, located 2 minutes from my hotel and in the absence of anything else to do right then and now she offered to help at a very progressive fee, an offer that was hard to refuse so I didn't.

The power of CERB allowed me to check her reputation and reviews very quickly and easily and realize that she was very reputable and outstanding so I accepted her offer.

Poof! She was there in less than 5 minutes, took care of everything, truly wonderful service and having taken care of everything, after a short discussion about how nice a service it was she was gone, mission accomplished.

A few weeks later I went back to her web site (like who was that masked lady in the super-woman cape?) only to discover that she now plainly offers a "personal grooming service to help in preparation for that hot date" and of course that wasn't there at the time I met her so it certainly made me smile.

Point is chat seems (to me) to be more those that are in a big city and would like to see a lady within the next few minutes... hope I'm wrong about that but that has been my experience with it. I don't think that was the idea behind it but it seems to be what it has become. I just don't go there as I hate to have to say "no thanks, sorry" and I think this is pretty much the reason you find so few there, unless they are in Ottawa and want to say "sure, come on over" to the first lady that comes along in which case it seems fast and easy.

And I agree with you Phaedrus, pretty quiet around here lately which seems a bit odd, as more and more people discover this wonderful place I was expecting at some point it to become less wonderful (e.g. too noisy). Could happen yet someday.

• Like 1

First up... CERB, like pretty much every other online forum, has far more lurkers than contributing members. That's just the way it is.

Secondly, not all the members who post use chat (like me, f'rinstance :) ).

Thirdly... is it just me, or has it been generally quiet around here of late? Hopefully it's just people not posting because they're on their winter vacations and things will pick up...

I for one haven't been posting as much because I find people read other meanings from my posts then the intended,are to touchy,or take posts to personally and become defensive,so the chat room might be the same,I can't to speak to it though since I haven't been in it yet, as keeping up with clients,ads,personal life takes up most of my time.

About 2 years ago I use to go on the chat on a regular basic , especially during the evening...and it was fun. You pretty much had the same crowd all the time, chatting was fun...but now...more and more people asking you questions about your service (which is fine at some point), but you have way more rude people than before. It's starting to actually be a hassle to go in the chat

• Like 1

Plain and simple, I don't do chat...anywhere. It really doesn't interest me. I have been in there a sum total of maybe 3 times. Not much was going on and I left.

Things come and go in waves. It'll pick up again...soon. Spring fever does that!

:milleunenuit:

I for one haven't been posting as much because I find people read other meanings from my posts then the intended,are to touchy,or take posts to personally and become defensive,so the chat room might be the same,I can't to speak to it though since I haven't been in it yet, as keeping up with clients,ads,personal life takes up most of my time.

Ahhh. I for one like reading your posts Christy. I agree with what you are saying fully, when people have different opinions on a subject they do tend to get a little heated about it and email, PMs and posts especially because of the wider audience are more likely to be taken the wrong way by "someone" that reads it. Making a post is a little like public speaking to a large audience and if there are one or two hecklers and the rest of the audience is involved and interested in what you have to say, then let's just ignore them.

But I don't let it bother me ever... I guess it really does bother me that Christy wouldn't feel free to pipe up and give her honest opinion when she has something to say because people might take it the wrong way.

Both SPs and their clients look at each others posts to try to get a feel for the other person and I always get a good vibe from what you have to say dear! Just wanted you (and everyone else) to know that :)

• Like 1

Let me be blunt. I don't wanna see your junk on cam. I don't want to be asked to appear on cam (if I am in the mood then it will be on but it will never be put on unless I make the decision). I will not engage in "jerk off" chat. The chat room, to me, is a place to get to know one another and to have fun, good old intellectual fun which seems to be dwindling! It's not a sexual surrogate; atleast not to me!!!

So...chatting, as Malika stated, used to be fun but now seems to be like the old AOL sex chat room days. Been there; done that; moved on!

• Like 3

With all the other opportunities like pm's, facebook, twitter etc to interact I never bother to go into chat. And to be honest never saw the point of it.

Peace

MG

Posted via Mobile Device

I do go into chat once in awhile to have a good conversation with ladies and gents. It is a place I have been able to build an initial and respectful connection which has led to a future date. But I've also seen the downside of one bad apple dishing people, getting kicked, and coming back in. This does get tiring. I've also seen quite bold and disrespectful comments/questions in chat that some think are truly fair. Have had a few ladies tell me they stay away partly because they get 'pounced on' the moment they enter. As some have said they come in for a stimulating conversation and get blunt questions about service, requests for webcam, or simply disrespectful banter. For me its a CERB feature I will keep using but totally get why some are turned off. Reality is that these do go in cycles so with the rest of CERB, if we keep it respectful - it will grow in use.

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 5