Where can I get a good price to fly to Paris, why so expensive going in the summer!!:confused:

I would wait until autumn as well. The Summer Olympics in London are not the only thing happening in Europe this summer, the European Football Championships are happening in Poland and the Ukraine as well. Flights to anywhere in Europe have gone up more than normal for the summer.

I don't think the various events have much effect apart from the place and times they're at, which is not "all of Europe, all summer". If you want an explanation for why things are expensive right now, look at oil prices and the way they're going...

Have you tried EasyJet? I know that within Europe the cost of flights on this airline is cheap. I don't know the cost of a trans-atlantic flight though. Good luck in your search.

I don't think Sleazyjet does trans-Atlantic (although I'm sure they'd like to). IIRC, the trans-Atlantic flights are regulated by the countries at each end, and generally limited to one or two carriers from each side... and the well-connected airlines snapped up those opportunities long ago.

If you're flexible, check for last minutes deals.

Or wait until the first week of September, the weather is still nice and the Parisians are all back from their month-long August holiday, although I have never been to Paris when some group isn't off work on strike. It's either the train people, or the metro, or the waiters or somebody. Just hope that it's not the garbage collectors.

You couldn't tell by the huge numbers of passengers that it was not an OK airline. I travelled on it between Geneva, Rome and Berlin just last month and found it OK. Sure, amenities are rustic but then is not the whole point in travelling moving safely from point A to point B?