A question for everyone regarding a rating issue...

Guest M*****ss****e

Hey and thanks for reading.

I just received an email inquiry regarding services and rates, so I referred the "gentleman" to my website as per usual, just as a starting point.

He replied that he had seen me previously, quoting the timeline as before I even started doing this. He then stated that I "still" overcharge for what I do and allow, hence his rating on a different site of a 1 (out of 10 I believe).

I replied that there was no way he had seen me when he claimed, and that the rating system offered on said site was a way to rate an SP's services, NOT to express a personal opinion about donation amounts. I also said that if he had sampled my services and been dissatisfied I would have been fine with his opinion and rating, but seeing as how he has never visited me, I did not appreciate this.

So my question is: If a TRUE gentleman saw this rating on a different site, how much stock would you put into it? I know which other site he is referring to, and I believe I only have 1 other "rating", and it's a very nice one. Unfortunately this other site is currently down and I'm unable to see what he's talking about, or email the moderators. So until then, I was just curious as to how you would process such a thing, and whether or not you would still contact the SP in such a case.

Also, for the ladies, do you deal with this sort of thing often? I've had some men express unhappiness at my donation amounts, and yet had others offer much more. I agree it is a personal choice, and while not all ladies are created equally, neither are all men. I have no problem whatsoever with someone voicing their opinion about it, but have you had many men go so far as to actually base a public rating on their disagreement of your donation amounts?

Thanks for ANY feedback, I'm aware we don't all agree on everything. That's what I most enjoy about people, the differences :)

I would never give 1 review much weight, whether it is a positive or negative review. It's kinda like doing a peer review at work, you can't just take 1 persons opinion, you have to poll everyone you work with and see what they think.

I would read that review and do some more research about you, ask other people who have seen you and see what they think.

It would also depend on the site you are talking about, if I don't consider it a reliable site I would give it very little if any weight.

• Like 1

First off, no lady, no matter what her rate, overcharges. She charges what she feels her time, services and companionship is worth. If a gentleman finds her rates too high for his wallet (best way to phrase it I guess) he should look for another lady.

As for the rating site, never seen it, and frankly don't care to

As for him saying he saw you which you claim he didn't, red flag right there, he's lying to you

And from your post it appears he wants to haggle, red flag number two...you never haggle over a lady's donation

Finally, he's no gentleman, a gentleman would be respecful

A quick rambling

RG

• Like 3

Such an interesting question that you pose here. My reply is strictly personal and solely based on Cerb experience. I have heard alot of the 'other' boards and have chosen to stay solely within the confines of Cerb, because Cerb has never let me down yet.

My first immediate thougfht when I read your post was, "Why if he does not like the rates would he be contacting you again?" Rates are inviolate and non-negotiable and I really thought that was a given, across the board.

My response to a low evaluation however may not be the same as for others on here. If a woman on Cerb has only a single recco and when I read it I do not find that special 'something' that tells me that this was a truely memorable encounter, then I would to a small degree question whether I wished to see the lady. That of course is tempered or counter balanced completely by the fact that I trust my vibes and I rarely see a woman who has not posted significantly on Cerb, so though I may not have met them previously, I DO feel as if I have a 'feel' for what they will be like.

Really not sure if this answers your question, but it is how I look at it.

Guest M*****ss****e

Ohhhh RG, your replies always make me smile :)

I agree with you, he's no gentleman. Also, I can assure you, he's never been to see me before. I keep track of everyone just for myself (all code named and whatnot, just in case), and even then it's not that difficult as most of the gentlemen I've seen have become repeats or regulars.

I wonder if the ladies have run into him.... I dare say if they have, I'm sure he's been put in his place a time or two, lol.

Guest p**h*x

He sounds like a dick. Ignore him. I couldn't imagine trying to negotiate for a lower rate. It is terribly rude.

As to your question, I put little stock in single reviews. I look for consistency in all reviews of someone I am interested in visiting. A single bad review wouldn't deter me if the rest was positive.

There is no such thing as 'overpriced'. It is just his opinion, and looking for a lower rate, cheapskate!

No gentleman will ever ask for a lower rate, I get those requests, and I find it insulting.

Your rate is your rate, and it is something that you are comfortable with, and obviously the clients that you have find it comfortable, otherwise they wouldn't be coming to you, lol.

Ignore him, as someone so pleasantly put it, he's a dick! Hehehehehhe

Guest M*****ss****e

As usual I love reading all the replies :) I'm starting to think I might just remove my other profile and stay strictly on CERB. We shall see.

I honestly don't know how you ladies cope with this sort of bullshit!!

It seems to me the guy is simply trying to coerce you into negotiating rates by threatening you with the possibility of a bad review. He screwed up by saying he saw you before you had started in the biz, so clearly he's lying. As RG says, certainly not a gentleman.

I used to read some of the other review boards, cross-checking recommendations here. I don't even bother anymore. Recommendations from trusted brothers here on CERB is more than sufficient. As others have stated, the fact that I too have never had a bad experience with a CERB lady, speaks volumes.

Having said that, even when I was reading the review boards I would have ignored a rating of 1 (the whole idea of these numerical ratings is pretty degrading) simply because it shows a complete lack of balance and is indicative of someone with an ax to grind.

Be yourself and ignore the idiot. He's full of bluster and hot air, and he'll disappear. And truth be told, you don't want him, or anyone that would believe his reviews, for a client anyway.

Porthos

• Like 3

I have to second much of what porthos said. I'm not really sure how you ladies put up with some of this stuff. I for one would never think of negotiating rates with a lady because I realize that for many of you this may well be your sole income and your rates are what they are for reason. I am still relatively new to this world but I have to say from experience a cerb ladies company is worth every penny and than some :)

I came to cerb through other sites and wouldn't dream of going back now. I love the positive, friendly, and informative community here. And also some of the stories from respected members here about non-cerb meetings is less than encouraging. What draws me to a particular lady is reading the reviews of ladies from members I know, reading the ladies posts so I can get a feeling for their personality, and looking at their profiles/websites for more info and pics. It's not just one thing that would make me decide who to visit so even if I saw a bad reco of lady I'd attribute that more so to that particular gentleman, especially if all the other reviews were positive and I enjoy reading her posts.

I for one do look at reviews from a number of sources. some boards may be more rosy, while others more critical. Before I see a new girl I use multiple tools and reviews to make a decision.

I think that it's important to look at the reviewer because it's also a reflection on his reputation. I for one review seldom, as the service has to be stand out. Also if and when I do give a review on a board or through PM I never disclose the amount of the payment, as that can vary. The other thing is, I don't think one has to be explicit, if one chooses one's words carefully.

There are always guys who want to negotiate the rate. My advice is just to ignore them. I agree with Porthos, too. This guy is trying to threaten you with a bad review if you won't lower your fee. That's another major strike against him. You don't need him as a client! The guys who try to haggle over money and make subtle or over threats are never good clients. Give them an inch and they'll try to grab the entire continent because they never think that anyone's rules apply to them.

Most men are much, much better than this, Lana. It's not too much to expect to be treated with respect. There are plenty of wonderful men who are looking for someone just like you and will happily pay the fees you've set for yourself. Don't compromise!

• Like 3

I just got woken up by a cat jumping on my chest and can't get back to sleep so bear with me here...

If I knew for a fact that I did not see this person and was in a wicked mood after reading something like that, I would tell him to blow it out his dittybag and to take a hike. Or I would be professional and do what I do best when people make me angry.... I would ignore them and press the delete button. There's no point in debating someone who has already 'rated you' when their mind is made up about something.

Frankly, if someone saw me and then came back months later to tell me they were dissatisfied with my rates, why are they just having a problem with this now? I don't put much stock in review boards and what opinions they have. Because everyone has one. If there is a problem with the rate, the client may pay it once and not go back because a) he doesn't want to pay that rate again or b) because he simply can't afford it. If a person has an issue with rates, you don't tell the SP that she is too much money. That's just rude. And the rate system? Is this based on just the rate itself or the services that commands such a rate?

If they're too cheap, then that's their problem. Every SP's rate is a personal one and that's what she chooses to charges. The market will pay what it can bear. So if she feels she is not getting the rate she quotes because no one is booking, then she should make a decision and make her rates fall in line with what she feels is appropriate based on various factors. There will be men who may think it's too much and those who have no problem with it. Thankfully most men I have dealt with have been respectful to me and I haven't really had to deal with this sort of thing. Most have politely said thank-you and hung up.

Other people who engage in this hobby don't understand that this is a luxury service and more of a want than a necessity they need to survive basic human needs. It's like if I were to walk into a Mercedes dealership and become irrate because I don't have a Mercedes vehicle like my neighbor since the price is too high. I could have one based on the income I generate but I choose not to have one at this time based on other financial factors and I like to live within my means. Maybe if I save more money or when the time is right but in reality I live with the fact that it is out of my reach at the moment but perhaps a possibility in the future. It would be considered frivilous and a luxury for me when I can keep driving my Honda Civic and still get from point A to point B.

Those people that publically use a rating system to try and ambush the SP into lowering their rate have issues and it's most likely with themselves rather than the provider. I don't understand why some men feel so entitled and angry and go so far to use a rating system based on rates because they can't or don't want to be able to afford such and such an SP. It's like a kid crying because he can't play with another kid's toy. Wah! Too bad so sad! They need to grow up or save up!

Edited by Nicolette Vaughn
  • Like 1

It's been said enough times, Lana - so I'll be very to the point: Ignore the loser, or anyone like him that becomes controlling and confrontational when he doesn't get his way, especially when it is about donations.

As for your query about ratings (what this thread is really about), I have a pretty good idea of who I'd like to see based on any pictures I've perved ;) and many of her posts that I would have endeavoured to read over a period of time, by her website and presence in her ads. I like to read reviews also, but they factor only about 30%, and a single (negative or otherwise) review is not likely to sway me if I'm interested. It is a combination of these things, and that gives me a balanced and hopefully accurate 'gut feel' about an SP. Prior to meeting, I like to initiate some conversation via PMs/emails, introduce myself to her, and in no small matter does this contribute to the confirmation (or lack thereof) that this is the lady that I have to see.

Just to clarify a bit, I use the pictures (if she has any posted) in part, not to determine a lady's 'hotness' factor (i.e. meaurements, bust size, hip-to-waist-ratio, etc.), but to try to extract a sense from them of whether we might click - not always the easiest thing to do ;) - whether she is -- what the Montreal ladies of the board might call -- 'très sympa'. (Sadly, there is no worthy English equivalent)

... and not to sound like a weirdo, yes, figure and looks do play a big part in my deliberations as well, but to me, the photos serve as a way to extract an essence and sense of her personality from them much more than to know that she's got Cosmo looks and a 'body that kills'. Unfortunately for me, -- and I fully understand this -- ladies often do not post photos with clear faces shown, something that would help me much more than the rest of her figure. But I'll roll with it! :)

I think that about does it for me and my ramblings. Hope you've enjoyed reading them and knowing a little more about me. :)

Edited by futileresistenz

Well here is a perfect example of an asshole,plain and simple.I have received this type of crap in an email,really, why would any reasonable person take the time to even write such crap!Just ignore it and hope that he will soon get a life,I always suspect these type of emails to be sent by a person that is troubled with life in general and they reach out to the easiest targets"sp's" to try and spread their misery.As was said each and everyone of us rightfully earn each and every penny we charge,especially for the ladies that offer incall,we are providing a place to relax,clean up, and a service that in itself is worth$$$$$,after all even the cheapest hotels are over 100$ now!So to any idiot that dare complain about pricing to me,there is a hole in the tree behind my place feel FREE to use it anytime!!!!!

As many said previously, I would just say: Ignore it. Especially that you mention from the timeline that it happened before you entering this line of work.

Probably he is mistaking you for someone else and is too stubborn to be proven wrong: many things can be done on a review or rating board under anonymity.

Other people who engage in this hobby don't understand that this is a luxury service and more of a want than a necessity they need to survive basic human needs. It's like if I were to walk into a Mercedes dealership and become irrate because I don't have a Mercedes vehicle like my neighbor since the price is too high. I could have one based on the income I generate but I choose not to have one at this time based on other financial factors and I like to live within my means. Maybe if I save more money or when the time is right but in reality I live with the fact that it is out of my reach at the moment but perhaps a possibility in the future. It would be considered frivilous and a luxury for me when I can keep driving my Honda Civic and still get from point A to point B.

Those people that publically use a rating system to try and ambush the SP into lowering their rate have issues and it's most likely with themselves rather than the provider. I don't understand why some men feel so entitled and angry and go so far to use a rating system based on rates because they can't or don't want to be able to afford such and such an SP. It's like a kid crying because he can't play with another kid's toy. Wah! Too bad so sad! They need to grow up or save up!

I wanted to quote all this part for double emphasis (the whole post was great) but the final paragraph is so bang on. I call them review board bullies, fwiw, always trying to push, and intimidate and threaten to get sps to lower rates and increase riskier services to the point they are going to shoot themselves in the foot. The ones who get pushed end up getting pushed right out of the business, unwilling to work for cheaper doing more, and then where is that kind of guy? Looking for his next victim, or whining about how there are no quality providers left (in HIS price range). That's right, there are no quality providers willing to see him, in or out of his range. No one likes a bully.

I don't put a lot of stock in negative reviews, as they are often written by someone with an axe to grind. I do however, give a lot of credit to positive reviews, as someone has actually had such a nice encounter, that they were inspired to take the time to share it. That is what I love about cerb. It only focuses on the positive.

And as for the haggling, as I have said before.... ignore it. He isn't worth your time or your concern.

My entire life I have hated rating systems. On a scale of 1 to 10 per say... My 2 could be your 8...... your 10 could be my 4. Totally meaningless to me because every person is different and unique in personality, likes and dislikes. Ignore the putz as suggested prior.

And seriously... if this peabrain knows the secret formula for fees charged for services provided or allowed...well then this self proclaimed expert probably should have published a book by now, and is rich and rates shouldn't matter ;)

If it wasn't probably bad for business.... I would luv to see you ladies start an idiot client rating on a scale of 1 - 10 ! Curious where I perhaps rate to be honest :icon_rolleyes: ha ha ha

• Like 1

I am replying again to this thread again because after reading all of the responses was struck by the feeling most of the ladies had which kind of surprised me ,because after all these months I have spent on cerb at least half of the men that contact me ask if I have a lower rate,or could do 1/2 hours instead of hours,some of cerbs most well known gents have contacted me saying that they would like to see me but will only pay a certain amount and felt my rate was high,actually their words were ,they would only spend xxx dollars,far less than what I charge.So I guess my point is ,my experience has been that having comments about "rates" and if I'm worth what I charge has been commmon place,am I the exception?If this is so rude(and I feel it is) how come so many do it?

• Like 2

I am replying again to this thread again because after reading all of the responses was struck by the feeling most of the ladies had which kind of surprised me ,because after all these months I have spent on cerb at least half of the men that contact me ask if I have a lower rate,or could do 1/2 hours instead of hours,some of cerbs most well known gents have contacted me saying that they would like to see me but will only pay a certain amount and felt my rate was high,actually their words were ,they would only spend xxx dollars,far less than what I charge.So I guess my point is ,my experience has been that having comments about "rates" and if I'm worth what I charge has been commmon place,am I the exception?If this is so rude(and I feel it is) how come so many do it?

I'm surprised and disappointed to learn this.

The rate question is always such a difficult one, and one that can probably be debated forever.

From a client's perspective, of course rates matter. I have to judge what I'm prepared to pay for a particular experience. I also have to judge what my budget will permit me to spend. Factoring into all of that are such things as the lady's appearance (do I find her attractive and just how attractive), her reputation (recos on the board), her experience (how long she's been in business), what other ladies in the same market (both geographic and non-geographic) charge, etc., etc. All of this goes into my assessment of the experience and what it's worth to me (what I'm prepared/able to pay for it.

For myself, I would absolutely agree that every lady should charge what she feels she is worth. Of course, whether that is a price the market will support is another matter. I do believe, however, that there is generally a suffient demand to accommodate a range of price points. What a lady charges is very much a way of identifying what type of clients she hopes to attract. (this very much relates to many of the posts in the overselling in adverts thread).

I have never tried to negotiate rates, and simply won't. It's totally bad form. I also absolutely believe that a lady should never negotiate either and tell anyone who tries to take a hike.

Having said that, there have been (and are) many ladies I would like to see but likely won't, as their rates are simply too high for my wallet. I would never suggest they charge too much ... But they do charge more than I can afford and/or am willing to pay for the experience. I wouldn't contact them to try to negotiate, I just won't be seeing them. Most likely I would never contact them period. There are also ladies who charge too little. The experience they offer is not one I'm interested in, and it's reflected in their rates (often found in some of the other advertising sites). There are, of course, some guys out there who define the experience they are looking for simply in terms of getting off for the least amount of money possible. That's not why I'm in this game and I don't want to see providers that cater to this market.

If a lady is happy with her rates, and has the client base she wants/needs, then there is no reason to even be thinking about the issue. Stand firm and never negotiate.

Also, these are meant as general thoughts on the matter, spurred by Christy's comments, but certainly not directed at her, or anyone in particular. I don't even know what Christy's rates are.

I'm surprised to hear that Christy, especially the part about CERB's most well known gents (btw classy of you not naming them) Your rate is your rate, don't give in to some guy (not a gentleman btw) trying to nickle and dime you. That's plain ignorant

Ah, if only you lived in Ontario, I know of at least one guy (he likes to fish) who

wouldn't even contemplate asking for a lower rate. And a half hour, that's not even enough time to sit down and get to know one another

Sorry you have to deal with this

RG

• Like 1

Guest W***ledi*Time

Well, since the circle of "cerbs most well known gents" from Nova Scotia is small, I am obliged to deny that I am among the alleged offenders.

Personally what ever a lady charges, I pay. I'm usually very intrigued by her communication with myself,her photo's and then...well I just book her DAN-O. Lana, hope you don't see anymore of that BS, same with you Cristy, some times I wished I lived out in the east coast;) Peaceful living, good people,GREAT food and most of ALL beautiful friendly women :)

• Like 3