Let's see....City and Colour, Arkells, I Mother Earth, The Sheepdogs, Hey Rosetta!, Young the Giant, Metric...so many bands to see!!!! :D

• Like 1

Hopefully they are going to add some more big acts, as I am a little underwhelmed. A few days are downright barren if you look at the schedule. They also did the usual trick of putting two bands I want to see on at the same time, more than once. Like Young the Giant, Hey Rosetta! and Blue Rodeo, simultaneously. And as much as I like Metric, to move them from mid-week second stage to the main stage festival closing? Stranger still since they haven't released anything new since last year. And you put them against The Trews and MonkeyJunk among others.

Their scheduling guru needs to find a new gig I think.

Guest **ve2C**ess

already have my tickets for Alice Cooper and Iron Maiden, now I have to choose which electronic DJ I want to see... choices choices !!

Hopefully they are going to add some more big acts, as I am a little underwhelmed. A few days are downright barren if you look at the schedule.

Yes, there's gaps. And things will move around.

What I really noticed is that they seem to have aimed at a younger audience this year. There seems to be a lot more stuff aimed at the 20- and 30-somethings, and a lot less aimed at the baby-boomers and their infernal lawn chairs.

They also did the usual trick of putting two bands I want to see on at the same time, more than once. Like Young the Giant, Hey Rosetta! and Blue Rodeo, simultaneously.

Ya, always happens. But I consider it to be a sign of a good lineup. I've definitely missed some good shows at BFs in the past 'cos I was watching other cool stuff.

And as much as I like Metric, to move them from mid-week second stage to the main stage festival closing? Stranger still since they haven't released anything new since last year. And you put them against The Trews and MonkeyJunk among others.

Actually, I think this is awesome. They've been there every year for... well, I'm not sure, but it's a few years now. They've headlined and filled out other stages, at weekends as well as in the week, so this is a natural step up. And AFAIK they'll have a new album out by the time BF rolls around. I'm just happy to see them given a headlining slot; I think they deserve it after all the support they've given BF in the past.

But none of this addresses the true joy of Bluesfest (and any other festival, for that matter), which is stumbling across a band you've never heard of and discovering that they're awesome.

They always seem to get acts for which there is a demand. I think they do a great job getting really big names and organizing a great festival. I always go, it's just a question of whether I get the fest pass or just buy individual tickets for the nights I want to go. Usually it works out that if I plan on going more than four nights, it's more economical to buy the pass, and usually if you put in a bit of effort you can sell off the nights you don't want to go. I think it was two years ago that they got so many acts I wanted to see that I just couldn't believe it (Supertramp, Gypsy Kings, Jimmy Cliff, Santana, Joan Jett). Last year I only went two nights (John Fogerty and Peter Frampton). This year doesn't have any acts that represent a huge draw for me, but I'll probably go two nights.

I had a secret wish that they would get Tom Petty seeing as he's doing some shows around the world right now. Oh well, maybe some day.

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Alot of these acts head to other venues after Ottawa.I will see most of them @ Sarnia's Bayfest the same week.