Comiccon

Guest Ou**or**n

Who all is going to Ottawa Comiccon this coming weekend?

I admit that inside I'm a total geek that grew up loving Star Trek (and Star Wars when my friends weren't looking). I also loved reading a good number of comics. I often wanted to go to the main Comic-Con in San Diego but have never made it.

Also Marina Sirtis (Deanna Troi) is going to be here and I had a serious, serious crush on her back in the days.

Any other comic / sci fi fans here been to one in their city or going to the this one in Ottawa?

Kind of bummed that Patrick Stewart isn't making an appearance anymore, but super excited to see Q! And holy YES JAYNE COBB. And when did they add Jamie Bamber?! I am super super excited for Comic Con, can you tell? :D

I met Marina Sirtis at a Star Trek convention back before high school.

Geek card. Oh yeah.

• Like 1

Yep - totally going!

Not a fan of the Dianna Troi character, but I do like Ms Sirtis. She's got lovely respect for the fan base. Seems like a very well grounded individual.

I'm more than amazed Captain Curmudgeon (Shat) is going. Don't confess to anything infectious (Leprosy, Alzheimer's, George Takei). Or, at least wait until just before they take the picture before telling him you got one of the above.

A little bummed I didn't get tickets for Sunday - DeLancie, et al.

Well I missed my fan-boy trip to Jersey this April to see a bunch of good folks so this weekend will have to do. It will tide me over to October. I have seen many of these folks before including the now absent Jean Luc, but never seen the Shat or Q.

Actually if any of them is half as entertaining as Robert Picardo (the EMH from Voyager, and Stargate Atlantis) then it will be a great day.

So, I experienced the Ottawa Comicon.

Holy Crapicon!

The line-ups were epicon!.

Took me 45 min to even get in the door. Should have arrived earlier. The lineup was entertaining though. Lots of really good costumes - Numerous Super heros/villans/characters: Batman, Robin, Superman, Supergirl, Chewbacca, Indiana Jones, Steampunk, numerous TNG officers, Klingons, Catwomen, Batgirls, Poison Ivys, Borgs, WonderWomen, etc..sorry if I missed anyone.

Met John DeLancie (aka Q, Discord, etc). He was a genuinely nice fellow. Very concerned to make sure his fans had opportunity to get face-time. Made lots of time to talk with us & shmooze. Was also next to Brent Spiner (aka Data). Was in throwing distance of Marina Sirtis. Also, next to "Elvira" man, she is HOT!.

Didn't get to meet the Shat. Apparently, there was another special line-up to see the guy. Didn't want to pay 75.00 to get an autograph.

We chose to line-up in the food line instead. A good frigging 45min wait!

All in all - it was pretty cool. Loved the spirit of everyone there. Very friendly and accommodating despite the challenges. Nobody was getting nuts.

....And I almost forgot to mention the really HOT chicks in the skimpy & skintight outfits...mmmm mmmmm!

Would I do it again?...maybe, but will have to plan ahead & become more knowledgeable about the venue.

The actors maybe in the sunset of their careers, but they are not feeble & have a lot to offer in advice for those who have an interest in the industry.

How did everyone enjoy the first day of comiccon yesterday? Was fun and there was plenty to see (and gawk at ;) ) as described by Jabba above. But me thinks next year they must try for a larger venue. Holy crowded in there!! Couple times I had to step outside just to be able to breath! But all in all a good experience. Got to meet Lou Ferrigno and I enjoyed looking small by comparison for the first time in a long while lol. Followed up the day by going to see The Avengers in 3D which was pure awesomeness!

Guest S**a*Q

I didn't get to go cause it was sold out... Maybe next year, but I hate HATE lines, so I'm kinda glad I didn't go. I'd have killed someone by the end of the whole thing for sure.

I got there this afternoon and was really surprised at the quality of the show and the turnout. I have already met most of the guests so I was more interested in the booths and vendors. I got to hang out with a few friends, renewed some acquaintances, including with one of the well-known guest artists with whom, I went to high school.

It probably wasn't as crowded today, but still there were lots of folks, and I am sure there will be another next year.

I heard the headcount for Sat & Sun was 12,000/day. Not all at the same time of course. I think if they do this again next year, they should consider a larger venue.

Something like Scotia Bank Place in Kanata would be good. Got the 417 closeby, loads of parking & the arena & halls would be really good for the exhibitors etc.