Question about Reputation Points!

If a indepentant advertiser who has lots of posts and has been a member for years has only two bars for reputation points. Has little to no recomendations. Would this mean she is not a great provider?

Rubs

Not necessarily. Some men just don't write recos and maybe that's who she sees. There could be a number of reasons why there are no reocs. Doesn't mean they are bad reasons. You could always be the first one.

Reputation points have nothing to do how popular you are. The points are given on thread topics... usually for someone agreeing with you.

• Like 2

I wouldn't base her service on her reputation points. Her numerous posts could be because she stays on top of advertising daily or every other day. Reputation points are usually earned because of a comment that you post around the forum. If someone posts mainly ads, it wouldn't give her a chance to earn rep points.

I would only pay attention to a recommendation board if she has low or no participation on the forum. What other past clients have said about her can tell you volumes of what you can possibly expect should you decide to meet her.

• Like 1

Pretty much echoing what has been said already, reputation points are given by other CERB members as sort of a reinforcement/agreement with a post you made

Some ladies don't partake in the boards, except for advertising, which could possibly explain high post count/low rep points. I know of one lady for example, an excellent SP btw, but has low post count/low rep points and been on CERB a year

Some ladies prefer little or no board participation, for whatever reason. That doesn't mean they are a bad SP

RG

Edited by r__m__g_uy

There are a number of personal reasons why a provider may not have recommendations. I have not had a new reco in almost 4 years by choice. I am simply not comfortable with intimate details of time shared floating out there in the world strictly for entertainment value. Some providers have SO's or children and don't want those details out there for their loved ones to read by chance in the event they are outed. Others have stalker issues and the less said about her the better her chances for safety sake. Some providers are part time with full time employment and out of respect to their employer they prefer to fly under the radar. These are also the same reasons they don't use pictures that are identifying.

My gentle suggestion is to spend some time getting to know the provider via pm or email. Look at her advertising. Is she professional? Does she respond in a timely manner to your inquiries and answer your questions to your satisfaction? If so, then chances are you won't be disappointed...

cat

• Like 4

There are a number of personal reasons why a provider may not have recommendations. I have not had a new reco in almost 4 years by choice. I am simply not comfortable with intimate details of time shared floating out there in the world strictly for entertainment value. ...

Exactly, there are a great number of reasons there may be many recommendations or hardly any.

For instance, cat has a truly extraordinary reputation but if I was to visit with her I would only write a recommendation if she mentioned she would like me to, and then I would first route the content of it through her for her approval before posting it, so the fact that there are no new recommendations in four years is in and of itself a recommendation that she doesn't need any more recommendations. In this case her participation in the discussions and presence here on CERB speaks volumes.

Each case is different, a new provider with the glowing recommendations building up is also impressive.

My approach, in the absence of sufficient empirical data (and in general always when not otherwise impractical) is an introductory luncheon, not only is it a great break from an otherwise boring day to have a fun lunch with a beautiful lady but I leave such a lunch just knowing exactly how well we'll get along in the future. In fact if it is someone you haven't met before a lunch at a public restaurant always results in a better encounter later. Helpful to both as we are no longer complete strangers. So I have such a lunch and then wait for the lady to express interest in seeing me again, for me, there has to be mutual interest or it just wouldn't be any fun at all.

• Like 1

Wow Some great feedback everyone. Thank you.

I will Check out this particular provider in a few months when funds build back up. Or if my next scheduled appointment falls through.