Always have your references ready for first time sessions.

Someone made a good point in a thread I just posted here. He said that he always has his references ready and available for when he would like to see a new lady. I think this is great idea and some good advice. Gentlemen make it easy on the sp's and make them feel comfortable by providing references without being asked. This is a great way of starting off on the right foot. Also providing some basic information about yourself so that us sp's can get a feel of what kind of guy you are. What kind of information do you provide to new sp's and what are the ways you try to make sp's feel comfortable gentlemen. I know that it can be hard for you guys sometime as you might not know what to say ect ect.

When I am contacting a lady whom I have never met before and/or have had little to no contact with in other ways such as private conversations, etc. I usually start off with an introduction as to who I am, etc. Come to think of it here is a copy of a message I recently sent to a lady via email which is her preferred method of contact.

Hello Lady X,

My name is Steve (stevecurious on Cerb), how are you this evening? I hope the answer to that question is "well."

The reason I am contacting you is to hopefully arrange a date on your upcoming visit to Charlottetown. I realize we have yet to meet but I am hoping that will change in the near future.

I was hoping for an encounter on DATES PURPOSELY LEFT OUT for two hours if that is possible and if you are willing, of course.

I have references ready and available if/when you would like them, all you need do is ask and I will provide them.

Looking forward to your reply so we can continue this conversation.

All the best,

Steve

In a nutshell that is how I begin a conversation with a lady that I have yet to meet. As I said in your other thread Peachy this method seems to work for me as I prefer to be upfront and relatively to the point.

N.B.,

If I remember I hyper-link stevecurious in my opening sentence directly to my profile page just to show sincerity.

I agree especially with so much going on I know I like to feel safe and relaxed with who Im seeing as Im sure you would as well

Lately I have had alot of newbies wishing to book with me and I have been just a little ify if they dont have any friends or havent seen anyone yet

I know we all have to start off somewhere I guess Im just a little over cautious

so having references helps a great deal when booking with me xo

Not all ladies require references, but it's wise to be prepared for those who may request them or state on their ads or websites that it's a requirement.

Make sure before providing a reference that:

• you have her permission to do
  • you give her the heads up that a particular lady may be contacting them
  • the lady you're giving the reference to has the other lady's correct email address

If you're a newbie and don't have a references, there are some of us who do accept appointments from first timers (most of us just require a valid callback number and decide by "tone" of your request).

Bottom line - always respect a lady's booking requirements, whatever they may be.

• Like 5

Not all ladies require references, but it's wise to be prepared for those who may request them or state on their ads or websites that it's a requirement.

Make sure before providing a reference that:

• you have her permission to do
  • you give her the heads up that a particular lady may be contacting them
  • the lady you're giving the reference to has the other lady's correct email address

If you're a newbie and don't have a references, there are some of us who do accept appointments from first timers (most of us just require a valid callback number and decide by "tone" of your request).

Bottom line - always respect a lady's booking requirements, whatever they may be.

Excellent post, Angela!

I would like to add that when a gentleman is looking to meet with a new lady but doesn't have reference(s) available,

all the gentleman has to do is be upfront about it and most of us will work with him and offer him alternatives in order

to compensate for his lack of reference(s).

Additional comments:

Gentlemen, please keep in mind that offering false references in hopes that we will not verify the information is definitely not the way to go...

• Like 6

What I do when there is a lady I want to meet is provide the following, in an email

My name (real name)

My handle and that I'm on CERB

Phone number

Email address

I also provide the name of a lady who is going to be my reference. If I have yet to contact her, I tell the lady a reference is forthcoming, but I wish to contact her first and ask her permission (seems to be the courteous thing to do)

I then after sending the email go into CERB and send a PM to confirm board handle.

And if the lady has any questions for me, I happily answer them

RG

• Like 1

Guest dame*****n09*

My own procedure is to ask a prior SP if she's willing to be contacted by a particular new prospective partner, and if it's a positive answer then provide that info in an intro email, and leave it at that. I'm really uncomfortable sharing much personally identifying info with someone - however well recommended - that I've never met, though I realize this goes both ways and the SPs risk is greater.

It seems odd to say "procedure" about something I've only had to do once, but there you go. Commentary welcome.