Sign in to follow this  

Alterna Run for Men's Cancer - Father's Day

Guest LittleWingnut

I am running the 10 k this Sunday, June 17th at Carleton University to help raise funds in support of the Alterna Ultimate Run for Men's Cancer. Please consider running in this event or providing your financial support in the way of a donation or for sponsorship of a runner.

This morning, I read theliquor's thread concerning his ongoing battle with cancer so I am dedicating my run to him and I have contributed an additional donation.

http://ottawacancer.akaraisin.com/UltimateRun2012

Guest LittleWingnut

It's done and in the history books now. I put in a decent 10 k run at the event under my time goal for which I'm happy given the heat and humidity this morning. Great event. Well organized. Ran with some nice people alongl the way all while raising lots of money for men's cancers which all stays in Ottawa. I felt good up until about 8.5 km and the heat was starting to slow me but I remembered I was running for theliquor so I sucked it up and put the pedal to the metal passing quite a few runners to the finish line. I'll definitely run this one again next year for this most worthy cause.