Mermaids are not real, declares U.S. National Ocean Service

Guest W***ledi*Time

I was born, raised and educated in the US, and I find myself shaking my head daily at the degree to which the US has been dumbed down.

Every single night that I am outside I scan the heavens for UFO's. I have not seen one yet, but I believe.

Also, every single time I go to the beach, I scan the waters for a mermaid. I have not seen one yet, but I believe. :)

These are two of lifes little mysteries and the enjoyment of looking cannot be taken away. :)

Why soon we will be told there is no Santa Claus or tooth fairy or God forbid, no BBM Resort!

I'm torn. I don't believe in mermaids, but I also don't believe anything the US government says.... Where does this leave me?

If they feel the need to say they don't exist.. chances are good they have evidence to the contrary.. how on earth can one say what doesn't exist in the oceans when we have only scratched the surface as to what does?

If they feel the need to say they don't exist.. chances are good they have evidence to the contrary.. how on earth can one say what doesn't exist in the oceans when we have only scratched the surface as to what does?

Carrie, there are some serious biological reasons why mermaids can't exist. And we've well more than scratched the surface as to what life forms exist on this planet.

Really, they don't exist.

Want to see what a mammalian ocean dwelling critter looks like? Check out a whale.