Photographer's within NB/PEI/NS

Ladies (or gents)

I am starting my hunt for a qualified, professional,photographer within the New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, or Prince Edward Island area. Obviously I am hoping to find one that would be willing to take some tastefully, sexy, semi-nude photos.

On my own hunt I came across someone I went to school with who is doing some modeling photography in the Halifax area and while I explained that I am a ''personal companion'' and I explained the type of photo shoot I was hoping to have they did not see this idea like I did and pretty much told me to leave the hooking to the street whores and get a real job.

SO I am looking for a few things out of this, your experience from your photographer, ball park range on rates of packages, how they charge for thee things (I understand, just like us, everyone has their own rates when charging for a service like this but I am jsut wondering what are their services based on, pacakages? per picture? per hour?)

Any and all advice and information is greatly appreciate and anticipated :) And if you could tell me how your experience went to, Im a little camera shy and just wondering what to expect :icon_redface:

Thanks again for taking the time to read my thread and hopefully respond!!!

I'm not too experienced in this area, but I know a few that are. Boudoir photographers are ideal for what you want, and if you're camera shy, then perhaps a female one is for you (There are some amazing male ones out there).

When it comes to boudoir photography (or any other out there), just like everything else you get what you pay for. A good friend of mine starts at $450 for a session that includes 8 full resolution images (whichever the client selects). She lets her clients purchase additional images a la carte. I would say she is in the mid range for her market in terms of skill and price.

A quick search got me this: http://www.google.ca/webhp?rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS453US453&sourceid=chrome-instant&ie=UTF-8#hl=en&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS453US453&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=boudoir%20photographer%20new%20brunswick&oq=&gs_l=&pbx=1&fp=c0a71f853a7e4a00&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1280&bih=923

Let them know you don't want your image to be posted in their portfolio (some photographers charge extra for that). You don't need to tell them what you do, it's none of our concern (At least unless I'm shooting a minor or doing something illegal, or beyond my comfort zone, I couldn't give a care what my clients use my pictures for as long as they pay me accordingly)

Depending on whether you want your face in the pictures or not, a good boudoir photographer should be able to accommodate your request (without blurring your face). They are used to shooting nude and semi-nude, so that's not a big deal as well, just let them know your expectations before hand. Finally, keep in mind that most clients are regular women who require touch up on Photoshop, not models. Depending on what your feelings are towards this, my friend spends hours on editing scars, pimples, lines, etc. If your purpose is for your work, you might want to get as much make up done as you would a normal clients session, and just ask for a little bit of touch on during the editing stage. Studio lights have a habit on picking up even the smallest blemish on someone's face/body.

Aubrey, I am going to make a comment/suggestion that I hope is not take the wrong way. I hope I am not sticking my nose where it doesn't belong but I am going to suggest it anyway.

I am wondering if you really need professional photographs? The reason I say this is...well...there are many reasons really. You already have a wide variety of self taken photos in your albums and a even a few face pics. (which is a gutsy move) so the number of pics. is not an issue. Considering you are (in your words) relatively new to the business the self taken photo via webcam or cellphone is more then adequate. All I am trying to say is don't sell yourself short and think you need to "keep up with the Joneses." Undoubtedly other SP's will have a website and professional pictures, etc. but keep in mind their situation, location, etc. If you are to invest in a professional photographer say in Halifax there are added expenses involved with just getting there.

Keep in mind that there are plenty of SP's on this site that have stood in front of a white bed sheet as a backdrop and have wonderful, sexy pics. posted on their profiles and/or websites! Have or would you consider having a friend take some pics. of you in street clothes while out and about in town? Remember you live in Ch'town and it is currently July...there are literally hundreds of places around the town/province where you could have very well done amateur photos taken.

It is also worth mentioning that you will never have enough pictures, amateur or professional, to satisfy everyone's wants. There will always be people who want daily updated photo albums and new pics. by the truck load just to stare at. If you are seeking a professional photographer in an attempt to satisfy your client base I would respectfully suggest you reconsider as NO RESPECTFUL CLIENT will ever say that she (the SP) needs new or professional pics. in order to satisfy his requirements.

This post is meant as an honest and polite response and in no way do I mean to meddle in your business. All this said if you still wish to secure a professional photographer contact Emily as she has so generously offered...she will treat you honestly and fairly!

Edited by stevecurious
  • Like 1

...I am wondering if you really need professional photographs.

I was thinking along the same lines. Whenever I meet a lady with professional photos (especially retouched ones) well I just find as nice as that may be she really looks better in person :)

Whenever I meet a lady with professional photos (especially retouched ones) well I just find as nice as that may be she really looks better in person :)

I too have experienced this.

In the end, a business is a business is a business... It's up to each of us to decide what we want to do with it, where we want to take it and how we want to be perceived.

This is true and I never said it wasn't a business or that it wasn't up to each of you to decide. As I said ultimately it is none of my business or concern, all that I was attempting to do was put a spotlight on the many positives that she does offer...non professional pics. included!!!

Edited by stevecurious
Spelling...oops.

I am no help suggesting photographers or how that works but my suggestion is do it for yourself Aubrey !

I very much enjoy seeing how much the ladies that I have come to know enjoy a photoshoot. Excitement prior, having fun with the shoot and finally seeing the proofs and final pics and feeling beautiful and sexy and proud and wanting to share with us lucky fellas :)

• Like 1

For me, I use both candid style and professional style for my albums. And seem to getting rave reviews on both different kinds. I think the gents do like to see the studio albums as well as the candid. The studio albums show that I care enough about my business that I willing to put the extra attention, cost and artistic efforts. My candid albums show that I do not need fancy lights, props etc...to show my features.

I discuss with my photographer that if they are planing on using my photo's for their own use, then I pay half the fee. But if I want all the pic's just for me, then I will pay full price. But I also trust my photographer. He has never used anything without my permission. Right now, he has my photo's being displayed in a gallery, which I do not mind at all:)

I never, never, never will take it out on trade. I like the line to be drawn clearly right at first. Clients are clients, and that is it. I feel if I did trade and barder with it, I feel as if I am loosing my "Elite" status and rep. I would rather pay and have no complications.

Hope this helps you? I hope you find the right photographer...looking forward to seeing new albums too! You are very beautiful, and with the right photography you will defiantly catch attention!!!

If anyone knows of a true professional in NS that is use to doing Erotic photos, please PM me. I have been ripped off and begged to lie for a professional photographer here in NS. I don't barter or trade services and paid a nice chunk of money for the BS photos. I don't even use the Pro pics, that photographer was a waste of my time and not worth the money. Bad choice on my part but his website and the pics on it were beautiful. He was more in awww than professional.

My friend the lovely Mister C takes amazing photos and I completely trust the person that has been taking my pics for the last 3-4yrs. The money is not an issue and as long as the pro produces what I would like and does absolutely nothing to my pics I'm good. No airbrushing or enhancing anything at all. I can re-size and blur my own face and that is all I ever and will do to my pictures. Not being negative, just sharing my unfortunate experience because if I could find a trust worthy professional and not like the many emails and calls I get asking to take my pictures, I would try again.

If anyone knows a true professional in NS I would greatly appreciate if you send me a PM with a link to their website.

Thanks a bunch,

Lexy

• Like 1

For me, I use both candid style and professional style for my albums. And seem to getting rave reviews on both different kinds. I think the gents do like to see the studio albums as well as the candid. The studio albums show that I care enough about my business that I willing to put the extra attention, cost and artistic efforts. My candid albums show that I do not need fancy lights, props etc...to show my features.

I discuss with my photographer that if they are planing on using my photo's for their own use, then I pay half the fee. But if I want all the pic's just for me, then I will pay full price. But I also trust my photographer. He has never used anything without my permission. Right now, he has my photo's being displayed in a gallery, which I do not mind at all:)

I never, never, never will take it out on trade. I like the line to be drawn clearly right at first. Clients are clients, and that is it. I feel if I did trade and barder with it, I feel as if I am loosing my "Elite" status and rep. I would rather pay and have no complications.

Hope this helps you? I hope you find the right photographer...looking forward to seeing new albums too! You are very beautiful, and with the right photography you will defiantly catch attention!!!

Thank you for your kind words and your wonderful input of information Sophia, I tried to give some rep points for your detailed responsed but it seems as if I have been a little too ''rep,trigger happy'' today at giving them away lol

So thanks again! and your points were exactly what I was looking to do with my pictures

Take care!

• Like 1

I myself am looking into getting a professional photographer to do some sets for me. So this thread has been very insightful, thank you.

If I may add my 2cents.....

My current pictures I have taken myself, and I am very happy with them. This has been fine for me in the past, but with a new website coming out in aug I wanted it to have a more professional feel to it then a template n iphone pics.

Some of the most beautiful pics here on cerb are snap shots from phones or amateur and are intriguing and gorgeous!!!

If ur looking to do story board pics (a series of picture that tell a story) or have ur heart set of something specific you can't capture yourself then I can see the need to contact a photographer. The wonderful thing about being an independent is that you control ALL of ur marketing and how u r represented. Pro pics can give that first contact a more specific "feel" to a lady when being researched but so can candid shots.

Mind you with a good, creative (respectable) photographer the shoot itself can be a wonderful self indulging treat like going to a spa or salon.

And I agree with the "no trade" advice. I tried that once and it did not fair well. I also agree that it takes away from your professionalism and class. You want someone who is going to take the shoot seriously and professionally to get the shots ur looking for. It is always best to keep the lines between SP's and hobbiests clear, uncomplicated, and enjoyable.

Also find a professional that can break down packages so that if you get someone who was "unable" to perform behind the lends you can pay them for the session time (fair for their time as I see it) without having to pay for prints and digitals that you won't use.(The rest of the package)

I hope this helps, I know for me this tread was insightful :)

Stay safe, happy, and satisfied <3

Posted via Mobile Device