What a Draaaag it is Getting Old ... Not! 50th Anniversary of the Rolling Stones

Guest W***ledi*Time

Funny, in an interview of them (it shows in the Move Like Jagger video) in the 60's, Mick is asked how long they think they'll be performing, and he ponders for a moment, then says confidentally he figures at least another year.

As great as The Stones have been over the decades they just haven't been the same since Brian Jones was killed/committed suicide/died accidentally in his swimming pool in 1969. He certainly was a huge part of their early sound and equally huge in regards to their creativity. Don't get me wrong Mick Taylor and later Ron Wood were/are great players but they aren't Brian Jones...and don't even get me started on Bill Wymans replacement. Funny how the article conveniently neglects the former Stones bass player.

Guest ****someS**l

I was lucky enough to have seen them here in Ottawa back in August 2005...great concert. Nice to see them still around after 50 years. Amazing longevity and they want to tour again.

I love lots of their songs, but my fave track of theirs is 'Waiting On a Friend'. It's probably the perfect song to play when walking/driving home at the end of the night. It just makes me feel everything's alright.