What is your comfort food?

Curry of any kind.

- Thai green curry or red curry with rice

- Goat meat Indian curry on rice pilaf - yumm..

For me it's breakfast foods like eggs & bacon since I rarely have a full breakfast in the mornings. After a night out inalways like to stop off at a restaurant that serves all night breakfasts.

For desserts I like either hot buttered popcorn or ice cream.

Your body has the yummy curves in all the "right places"

I can attest to that ;)

Wow -- a lot of people have put down 'curry' as a comfort food. I find that delightfully surprising. Do you guys prefer a yogurt or coconut milk based curry?

I can attest to that ;)

Wow -- a lot of people have put down 'curry' as a comfort food. I find that delightfully surprising. Do you guys prefer a yogurt or coconut milk based curry?

They're both delicious. I also have to add homemade pumpkin pudding to my list. It's not really a pudding but I don't know what else to call it. I cook up some pumpkin and mash it up, then add spices, raisins and walnuts (and sometimes carob chips!!).

+1 on curry. I don't care about yoghurt, coconut milk or neither - I love them all... but I do need it to be --hot--. If I'm not humming Johnny Cash to myself the next morning, it wasn't a proper curry :)

Indian curry normally uses yogurt whereas Thai curries use coconut milk as base - and I love them both!

• Like 1

I enjoy a large bowl of Vietnamese Pho soup.

Everything in it, then add some hot sirachi sauce.

It's tasty.

Anyone else into PHO?

I enjoy a large bowl of Vietnamese Pho soup.

Everything in it, then add some hot sirachi sauce.

It's tasty.

Anyone else into PHO?

Marinated Chicken and rice at my favourite Pho joint on Bank Street...yummy!!!!!!

Temptation Tea Shop on Bank Street in Ottawa has AMAZING Pho!

I love Pho too - medium rare beef and tendon, and lots of bean sprouts, Yumm...

I might add that it is better in a cooler weather.

Have to say Ribs or Smoked Pork Shoulder for pulled pork. I have a few smokers and like to BBQ.

though I have a grown quite fond of Canadian Beaver!

• Like 1

Cheese whiz on my toast this morning.....cheese whiz on my hotdog I just ate and probably cheese whiz on my burger tonight

• Like 2

I love Indian curries (I really dislike coconut milk and cilantro, so most Thai is out). I think I could live on chana masala.

Anything chocolate--especially if it also has peanut butter.

Ice cream

Those delicious thick Shanghai noodles with beef.

mongolian hot pot on bank.

All you can eat.

It's like a fondue, with meats, seafood, vegetables and other stuff.

It's an Asian fondue with herbal soup base, you cook your own food in your own pot. Tasty

:icon_biggrin:Well I just love to eat anytime and I suppose the only time I'm not eating food is when I'm-well you know... I'll have to try that sometime, but back to the point of this thread- my favorite comfort food seems to be nacho's. Tortilla chips piled high with cheese-melt that- then dip them in salsa and sour cream-yum

my next fave would be birthday cake-superstores make the best ones-imo.:biggrin:

Have to agree on Thai food. I just love the stuff. Spicey tofu soup, followed by fresh spring rolls (the cilantro wrapped in rice paper), massaman curry, green curry... now I'm getting hungry.

I think like a lot of people my comfort food is a grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup. I very much consider it soul food and of course reminds me of being a kid again. :)

• Like 2

Homemade macaroni and cheese made with five year old cheddar (makes extra old seem as mild as mozzerella LOL)

Breakfast sausages and mom's whipped/mashed potatoes

Spaghetti Carbonnerra (spaghetti with eggs, bacon, cream, butter, parmesan) Not fattening at all LOL

Steak and baked potatoes (with all the trimmings) going to have that tonight, taking mom out to the Keg because she is looking after my cat next week

And last, mom's apple crisp

RG

Guest N***he**Ont**y

My late mom's Lazy Daisy Coconut Glazed cake and her meat loaf! I realy miss you mom!

My late mom's Lazy Daisy Coconut Glazed cake and her meat loaf! I realy miss you mom!

Oopppps...how can I forget mom's meat loaf, served up with tomato aspic, and brocolli rice casserole

Yummm

RG

Guest K***e D****ls

Hmmmm.... grilled cheese, lobster with hot butter, avocado and tomato diced up, open faced turkey sandwich with mashed potatoes and gravy, soups, smoked salmon and avocado on a plain toasted bagel...