Any Paul Simon fans here?

I was listening to a playlist I created of Paul Simon songs on Slacker Radio, and when I got to the song "Duncan" from the 1972 album, Paul Simon, it started playing some entirely different song.

The one that I was looking for starts out "Couple in the next room, bound to win a prize. They been going at it all night long..."

And although that's the lyrics given on the Slacker entry, the song is different and starts off "My wife and me took a home by the sea in the hopes we'd be raising some children..."

Apparently the latter was a 1971 demo version of a song, also entitled Duncan. Can anyone tell me if this ever appeared on any album or collection? I've looked and looked and can't find it anywhere. I'd like to go armed to Slacker with as much info as possible on both versions to help them sort this out. (They're just a bunch of kids there. They're not that familiar with this music. You should see what they did to Leon Russell! ;) )

TIA!

Yes, there are a couple of songs called Duncan by Paul Simon.

The "Couple in the next room..." version was released on the album "The Essential Paul Simon" in 2007.

The "My wife and me..." version was released on Disk 1 of "Paul Simon - Studio Recordings 1972-2000" released in 2004. It is a 9 CD box set.

Links: http://www.metrolyrics.com/duncan-lyrics-paul-simon.html

http://avaxhome.ws/music/rock/folk-rock_country-rock/Paul_Simon_Studio_Recordings_1972_2000.html

Love his songs...

• Like 1

THANK YOU! That's exactly what I needed to know.

(I swear, CERB is a Knowledge Fountain. I couldn't find this with Google.)