Thank you ladies for all you do...

Hello, everyone.

When I see a Service Provider I try to say a genuine thank you at the end of our appointment because I appreciate the fact the service provided was being offered and it cannot be a simple thing to do.

Recently I had an incident that made it hit home with me more about the little problems that come up for SPs.

Went to see a lady I had an appointment with, but everything went array. Her phone went to a recording about not having voicemail the first time I called, battery on my Wi-Fi phone died, hotel staff would only let me use their phone on a limited basis as it was long distance, and I could not hear properly things said on the nearby pay phone. Due to all of this I talked to her briefly at one point and need to call a second time and was unable to communicate that second time.

When I first got a hold of her she was thoughtful enough despite me being late getting a hold of her to tell me to let her have some time and call her back.

Now she was being nice by doing this, so do not get me wrong, but she had a tone. There was a sub-text, and it was sub-conscious, uncontrollable. She was being nice to me, but I could tell running through her brain was an intense "Again. A late caller, again? Why are my clients idiots?"

Hopefully she forgave me and understands after receiving the explanation I emailed her. I do not know, maybe she will add me to the list of stupid problems the business has.

My point though is, while she was being nice about it, I could tell this was an ongoing bothersome problem. That made it hit home more. So ladies on top of the big obvious "thank you" for your services, thank you for keeping going despite the no-shows, false bookings, stupid questions, poor attitudes from your clients and for passing through the bad luck days.

Edited by Rassilon
Grammer, spelling corrections.