In the beginning and it seems like in a galaxy far far away I arrived on Cerb as a total Newbie, went months without making a single post, went more months before I posted a single recommendation, and any time that I did post anything, there was that BIG question mark beside my name as the avatar that Cerb uses as a generic symbol.

Just yesterday Meg made reference to my rainbow avatar in a thread on here and it made me think about the person who suggested to me that I could do way better than a question mark as the symbol that I use to represent myself.

I looked long and hard to find the one that I eventually settled on and for that little suggestion I want to thank Samantha Evans. Without her suggestion I might still be a question mark. I love my avatar and it has all sorts of meanings for me.

So, I am betting with certainty that many of us have similar thank you's to Cerb members for little things that they have done over time. Not looking for the life changing things, though I bet there are some of those too, but just those little things that people do that are a part of what makes this such a great community.

• Like 8

There are really far too many people that I need to thank.

The thing about CERB is that it's community, built on the continuous interaction of all of its members. All of us are constantly building off what's laid down by everyone else here; none of us can do much in isolation. And so I'd like to send out a tip o' the hat to all of you who I've had dealings with in the past, however tenuous... including (but not limited to):

All of you who have created, and contributed to, entertaining and informative threads that I can post in;

All of you who have replied to my posts, and thus created interesting conversations;

All of you who have expressed appreciation for the random crap I put up here, whether through rep points or PMs or other forms of feedback;

In particular: all those folks who have posted on etiquette, and allowed me to (mostly) avoid making a whole bunch of stupid mistakes and pissing people off unnecessarily;

And last, but my no means least: all of you guys who have posted recos, and thus allowed me to have a whole bunch of awesome experiences rather than just picking at random and hoping forr the best.

• Like 3

My lttle Cerb thank you today goes to Boomer for his welcome to me here and for inviting me out for a beer and a bite to eat the last time that I was in Ottawa.

I'd like to thank the SP that PM'd me the day after our first date and told me that i was her first in the business :) That was special.

I never would have known. If she is still here she will know who she is ;)

Loki318

My little Cerb thank you today...

I'm incredibly happy we get to post more than once, because I would feel absolutely horrendous if I forgot someone. I also want the opportunity to post on this thread whenever the urge strikes, and I want to publicly appreciate someone who has made a difference in my life on CERB.

I would like to thank...

- Voyi, who has deleted his account on CERB, for writing my first recommendation.

- Etasman2000, Shortcake, Alexandra-Sky, Malika, Gabriella Laurence, and Megan's Touch, for providing me with valuable advice when I first joined the board.

- Areez for being great in chat.

- Phaedrus, MrrNice2, WiT, RG, Gentlemen11, Gabriella, AmeliaMA, Julie Wilde, MegforFun, mrgreen760, porthos, backrubman, Samantha Evans, SaraMQ, for participating in so many threads and evoking great conversations.

- Emily Rushton, for her intelligent posts about issues that arise while working in the industry.

and finally...

- Angela of Ottawa and Nicolette for organizing the CERB socials.

thank-you1.jpg

More to come!

I would like to say a big thank you ( sorry not a little TY!) to -

- the many beautiful cerb ladies whom I have met eversince I have participated in this wonderful hobby and whom I am still seeing regularly. These include Coco, Peachy, Claire Aldridge, Isabella Gia, Annika Reiley and more ( in chronological order as I've met them). Without them, my life would have been incomplete and would not be the same

- my best friend on cerb who is also my advisor, my confidant and simply a good friend with similar taste - the one and only Capital Hunter

I would also like to say thank you to the following cerb ladies - Nathalie Lefebvre, Malika, Miss Sophia V's, SaraMQ etc whom I have not yet met but whose posts I find humourous, witty and insightful.

• Like 1

As others have said, far too many people to thank.

So, for this post I'm going to thank Emily Rushton. Emily was the first CERB lady I saw on my return to CERB and my return to active hobbying. I really didn't have an active provider to use as a reference, so I gave emily a fair amount of personal info (work website with my profile, phone, etc) to verify my identity. But of course, I was actually in St. John's rather than at my regular workplace. I explained the circumstances of this to Emily. Little did I know that my NL e-mail wasn't functioning properly, and her replies to my e-mail were bouncing back to her.

She would have been totally justified in writing me off, but she went to the information I had provided, and I received this incredibly dscrete and tactful e-mail on my main work address. If someone had been pranking us, her e-mail would have disclosed nothing of the nature of our business together. Of course I saw Emily on her next visit to St. John's and several time after that. A beautiful lady, but more importantly a beautiful person. Sexy, smart, who carries herself with grace and professionalism.

So, to Emily Rushton a huge thank you for persisting. In many ways she brought me back to this community and all the joys it can provide.

Edited by po***os

Guest S****r

A thank you to Berlin for the wonderful radio interview she did on CBC earlier this year that was instrumental in directing me into this business and later chats and texts in which she directed to CERB.

And a big thank you to Angela of Ottawa who has answered many of my newbie questions with great wisdom and insight.

Kudos to you both from me, Summer!

xoxo

My Little Cerb thank you today goes to sandimoon for a delightful and heartfelt PM that she took the time to write to me in response to something that I had contributed on this site.

It is little gestures such as that that can make it a feel good day. Thanks Sandi. :)

It's been quite a while since I wrote anything here so there are lots of little thank you's that are due to be passed on.

This one today goes to Angela for her organization of another Cerb social. Thanks Angela for all that you do and for your contributions to this community.

MN2