Because I love myself very much!!

I think this is a wonderful Thread and so important as it is said "if we don't love ourselves who will"?

I am constantly learning and teaching myself this lesson everyday.

I have learned that another persons opinion of me isn't as important as my own

I have learned to deny anyone the ability to change my opinion of myself, in other words, if someone dosen't like me or think well of me , thats their problem.

I have learned to except my flaws as postives, it's part of what makes me,me.

I am woking on treating my body as a temple, this is a hard one as my love for "bad" food is stronger than my love of my figure.

I appreciate my talents and so do some men, lol. Seriously, I am artistic and creative. I love writing poetry, drawing, decorating. These hobbies give me a sense of self, are relaxing and fulfilling.

But I get the most gratification from doing for others and animal rescue.

• Like 1

Haha! I really like the title and the mood of your post. Based on that alone, and although I've not yet had the pleasure of meeting you, I now love you a little bit too. :)

Life is full of things we just have to do with little or no choice; they many not be much fun, but we do them because they serve some bigger objective. But we have to be sure to add a few things into our lives that we do just for ourselves, to reward ourselves a little bit today and not just wait for the bigger ones down the road.

Personally I've been tackling something big and new at work that serves my own agenda as much as my employer's; spending more time out on the wooded pathways with my dogs (I love my dogs!); and doing some writing I've always wanted to do. All of these things make me happy about how I'm leading my life.

• Like 1

Today I bought a couple really tacky garments from the thrift store, because I love myself and I love to wear brightly coloured clothing printed with images of fruit sometimes.

Everyday life is a busy affair where too many necessities can get in the way of being "you". It's hard to let go of what we are supposed to do in order to do what we need to do; if only for a moment.

Family, responsibility, financial requirements, philanthropic pursuits, all important life factors but factors which deprive us from the fundamental need to self sooth.

We CAN have it all but it takes effort. The biggest effort is indulging in what makes YOU happy.

Find the time, no matter how brief it needs to be. Do something that you enjoy at least once a day. If you are satisfied with yourself you are better able to ensure that those you love will be happy as well!

So.....I sing at the top of my lungs while dancing wildly around the house

I read voraciously

I play stupid iPad games

I pull weeds

I watch full tv shows online (like eight seasons of grey's anatomy in a month lol)

We have one life to live. Deal with the necessities but live the rest to the fullest

• Like 1

I love doing my nails. I don't mean professionally. I like painting my own nails. I watch those youtube tutorials on different manicures (I'm currently super in love with marbling) and then I try them out! I can't even tell you how many different colours of nail polish I have. It's outrageous. Probably more than 20.

• Like 1

To love others you have to love yourself first. Even I forget to take time for myself. When I'm feeling stressed out I love the bath bombs from lush, candles and a great glass of wine.

What a great book to suggest. I have read the secret and the magic. The magic has exercises in it. When I find myself getting a bit negitive I pick the secret up and read it.

http://thesecret.tv/thesecretbook/

Even noticing your attitude helps. It really does help to keep in mind that no one wants to suffor and that everyone wants to be happy. When you think of the problems of the world compaired to yours, your problem isn't as big anymore. It is wonderful to think about these things while meditating.(I often forget to do this too)

Thank you for posting such a lovely thread.

Isa, great thread. For me;

- I have become re-introduced to a world of sexuality, romance and passion.

- I watch my diet and try and cook my own meals.

- I see almost everything in my life as the possibilities and potential and not what was or coulda been.

- I enjoy a great glass of wine or single malt scotch.

- I feel great in a tailored suit and new shoes.

- I love being in the mountains, closing my eyes and taking in the deepest breaths.

- I give my dog as much love and attention as I can and still doesn't match the devotion he shows me.

Cub

Guest N***he**Ont**y

I agree with Cub. This thread is a great one I have made several changes myself!

1) Learned to forgive myself for what I cannot change from bad actions in my past!

2) I learned to move on from failed relationships finally!

3) Relearned the value of family and good friends.

4) Appreciating what I have and the value of hard work

5)I have learned to simplify my life finding peace and contentment

Thank you for such a thought-provoking and interesting thread, Issy. In our busy lives, we tend to do things which we think are necessary and in the process, we often neglect to think of ourselves or to take care of ourselves. As my life progresses to a certain age, I've become more and more concerned of the burden I could put on the society and on my family members when I grow older. I therefore, start to make special efforts to try to improve my health and well-being, to eat right, to exercise on a regular basis and to relief undue stress. I did not think of this until now that I am actually doing all these also because I love myself. Here are some of the things I could think of -

- I try to find reason(s) to excuse someone who has said something or done something that upsets me

- try to forgive and forget - which is pretty hard to do

- keep active by participating in many types of sports regularly and all through the year

- eat lots of fruits and veggies according to the food guide and cut down on fats and sugar

- meditate regularly

- keep my mind active and sharp by reading and by playing Scrabble, Mahjong etc.

- I'd like very much to learn to play piano and to relearn playing guitar

Edited by Luckyme