Very interesting read indeed. I love psychology and anything that has to do with the way people act, why people do things and how the mind works. Thanks for the article, Cristy.

Interesting read. Me personally, if I was back looking for a relationship (back in my dating days), I certainly wouldn't be doing the May/December romance thing...the furthest apart in age (me being older) I was with the women I dated was 9 years apart, but most often very close in age

And as for a forty something guy eying a twelve year old in the opening paragraph, that isn't about older men younger women, that is straight out a case of pedophilia, something entirely different from an older man/younger woman. And there are appropriate treatments for pedophillia.... unfortunately none of those treatments are legal

But a good and interesting read

RG

• Like 1

Very interesting read indeed. I love psychology and anything that has to do with the way people act, why people do things and how the mind works. Thanks for the article, Cristy.

Me too, learning about how we respond to oneanother, why we treat each other the way we do, anything about psychology is interesting, and there is always something more to learn.

Interesting article. I guess I've always just taken it for granted that some men chase younger women. I was very young when I started this, and of course, all the men I saw were older men who wanted a much younger women (girl). That was okay, but I do prefer seeing guys who prefer to see someone around their own age. I'm just more comfortable with that.

But what I don't get, and which is still hard for me to wrap my mind around, is what's with all the younger men insisting they want older women these days? I swear, if I were comfortable seeing guys in their 20s, I'd be cleaning up. (But I'm not.)

Is it something that always existed and somehow I just overlooked it? Or is it something new?

Interesting article. I guess I've always just taken it for granted that some men chase younger women. I was very young when I started this, and of course, all the men I saw were older men who wanted a much younger women (girl). That was okay, but I do prefer seeing guys who prefer to see someone around their own age. I'm just more comfortable with that.

But what I don't get, and which is still hard for me to wrap my mind around, is what's with all the younger men insisting they want older women these days? I swear, if I were comfortable seeing guys in their 20s, I'd be cleaning up. (But I'm not.)

Is it something that always existed and somehow I just overlooked it? Or is it something new?

Thats a good question joy, younger men wanting older women, it could be the "cougar" thing which has been brought into fashion via music videos, movies. I'll have to do some research, as I also get alot of requests from 20's guys lately, however I prefer men over 30, just more comfortable with the more numerically mature.

Something about this lifestyle in regards to older man/younger women that has to be considered. For me at least, I began it when I was 49 (I'm now 51) The vast majority of ladies in this lifestyle are much younger than I am. And some of the ladies prefer clients who are older. So it isn't a case of chasing younger women for me, it's that I seek out female companionship with no complications, no strings attached. And most of the ladies out there are much younger than me. Maybe that's why some of the ladies prefer older men. They are clients that might have the maturity to understand this lifestyle, and not get emotionally (read feelings) wound up with a lady...the ladies I assume also prefer no strings. And this lifestyle is mutually beneficial, as long as both parties understand the boundaries.

Don't know if that makes sense but a rambling for whatever it's worth

RG

Maybe I'm biased, but I'm not so convinced that it is creepy for a man to prefer very young women. Don't we all have our preferences? Must they necessarily make some dodgy psychological case against us?

I guess I find myself objecting when I read articles like that because I certainly took advantage of those guys who were into younger women when I was younger. And all my life, I've preferred guys over 40. That doesn't mean that when I was 20, I was looking for a father figure or that I felt I was that much more mature. (...well, okay, I may have gone through a phase of that...) But really, it was and is just a preference.

Obviously, there are those who take advantage of others. Some might feel that an older man took advantage of a younger woman's naivety. Others have certainly accused younger women of taking advantage of an older man's feeble-mindedness, or even just his male menopause. But I don't think there's always necessarily advantage-taking going on. I think it's possible that two people can just prefer each other, even if they have their differences otherwise.

I'd beware too of a lot of this sort of judgment coming down to insecurity on the part of those being judgmental. Like the older woman who prefers to think there's something wrong with the guy who just naturally prefers the younger women. Or younger guys who think they can convince an older woman who prefers older men that, really, they're just as mature. (Trust me, boys. It ain't about maturity. The guys I prefer may be older, but nobody's calling them mature. ;) )