There are so many great social groups on this site, but I don't see them getting much activity. Anyone else a little disappointed with this, just wondering why more don't participate?

RHAG, AW, and IRE are pretty active in terms of posts (and not just by me :)). I wonder what the stats are for viewing?

I can barely keep up with posts in the regular sections of the board ... I'm afraid that while I'm a member of several social groups, right now I rarely have the time to visit them.

People have to judge where to put their time and energies.

Porthos

• Like 3

I'm honestly happy with the cerb members involvement with the cerb book club group.

I understand that people get busy and I appreciate the time people have put into the book club so far.

This is a busy and overwhelming season for some people with school starting. Some people have more than one job and this site is an escape for them. We all get busy with our lives and the routine we set for ourselves. It best that we keep this in mind.

The best way of getting the groups you like known about is by taking part in them yourself and putting the word out.

The most important part is being patient. I learnt that myself. People may not post right away but that doesn't mean that they are not interested in the group or the topic. They just might have other things going on at the moment.

That's why I like being part of cerb. It is so sexy and the topics can be hot but we can also talk about things other than sex too. I think the groups show this.

I think there are some technical reasons as well. The social groups work in some ways differently than the discussion areas so they don't promote discussion quite as well. You have to go actively looking for new posts for instance.

I'm not saying they aren't useful or a failure at all, just not as convenient due to being configured a little differently.

• Like 1

I can barely keep up with posts in the regular sections of the board ... I'm afraid that while I'm a member of several social groups, right now I rarely have the time to visit them.

People have to judge where to put their time and energies.

Porthos

Agreed, I guessed I joined social groups just as a way of showing my preferences...

RHAG has become a huge archive of hot redhead pics, over 5000 of them. It's worth a visit.

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/group.php?groupid=28

The private groups AW and IRE are lots of fun too. If you're interested in being invited to join, just send me a pm. There are lots of other great groups, but these are my personal favourites.