When Worlds Collide

Guest *ig*a**

I had originally posted this in the Ottawa section awhile ago and I was wondering if this happened to anyone else. I would like to relate a story of what happened to me in my pre-cerb days. There was a sp that I had seen about 3 times and she was a wonderful woman. My s/o and I were on vacation in Cancun walking the beach and enjoying the day when low and behold walking on the same beach was the sp I had been seeing. Let me tell you that my heart was racing and boy was I sweating. My wife asked if I was feeling ok. I said I think I had too much sun she said lets go in and cool down. After awhile I said that I was going to get some cigars and come back. My wife said why don't I go alone which I did. While I was getting my cigars I felt a tap on the shoulder I turned around and it was the sp I had been seeing. She said don"t worry your secret is safe with me. After that I never saw her at the beach again. I was wondering if anyone had the same experience

I was at the mall with my sister and her boyfriend and got a text that said 'Hi, I think I just saw you and your sister at the mall, was that you?' As bad as I felt I responded 'No' as didn't want any chances of being approached by him. I did worry that he actually would decide to say hi to me but also felt like the appropriate thing would have been to send an email/PM afterward like I have done when running into someone.

My policy is to pretent that I don't know the lady (especially if she is with someone) when coming across to her in public places, unless she says Hi to me (which I may briefly say hi and email/PM later) or if she smiles and I will smile back. But never to initiate.

To answer your question yes on one occasion I was with my mother in the mall and this young lady whom I had seen twice smiled and said hi with a very friendly voice and I responded the same way and my mother asked me who she was as the greeting was very friendly and I said she was an ex for a brief period of time. End of story.

My most embarassing moment was not with an SP but rather over a decade ago as young assistance professor when I was in an SC and came across my teenage first year undergrad students behaving very childishly and mocking me for being there. I was myself only 29 then and has equal rights to be there outside my working hours. The word spread within the department and I felt better off to quit end of the academic year..... Not a great experience.

That is exactly why when nowadays I see an SP I pretend that I don't know her because I know the feeling lol. Separate work from private life.