Sign in to follow this  

Article on Parenting and Sex Work

Interesting article. It's not a surprise that parenting and sex work is confusing to discuss with children. I know in the era I grew up in, just the talk about the birds and bees was enough to give my parents a coronary LOL My talk on the facts of life was this. Dad sat me down, said son, it doesn't matter which girl you sleep with, but if you get her pregnant, you have to marry her. End of lesson. Don't know if it's the same now.

I certainly don't believe a sex worker is, by virtue of her job, a bad parent. I'm sure there are some executives who are bad parents. The job doesn't make a parent bad, in fact some ladies entering this profession because they have few options, and are doing so to support their children, that says to me they love their children.

Finally, if an article on parenting and sex work, why not an article on gentlemen who are parents and see sex workers. Why not the same light shining on us. Yes I don't have a child myself, but a young nephew and I'm part of his life. But my family doesn't know about my involvement in this lifestyle.

A rambling

RG

Edited by r__m__g_uy

Thanks for sharing, Charlotte!

It really brings it home that working in this industry and being a parent isn't inherently harder than working in any other industry and being a parent... except that society at large has a huge chip on its shoulder about this. It's a shame.