what to do with my Sooks

I have always wanted to travel for work but unfortunately i can never find a trust worthy dog sitter for a week or so.

As I'm here in town I run back and forth from hotel to home to feed her and walk her to pee and try to spend time with her when I don't have appointments. But it gets too hard she's spending so much time alone still even if I can spend a few moments at home with her.

The thing I wonder is how many people would mind her being at with me if I brought her kennel. I personally assumed it would be considered unprofessional. But for her I decided to throw this post up to see what other people thought. Cause I definitely would take my girl with me anywhere I go if I could :)

Guest *ig*a**

I would not have a problem with it as long as your companion is not in the same room as we are.

It would depend On the type of dog for one. Then if she/he is quiet during the time with you. Also there are people with alergies and you would have to inform them in advance of the dog. Then if it is a non-shedding type dog.

Posted via Mobile Device

I am a dog-lover, I share your feelings. I always felt guilty leaving my dog at home alone when I was at work. Since I also have no allergy issue, I would say as long as the dog can not be seen or heard during the session, I am fine with it.

I think a number of sps have pets in their hotel room or incall. You only have to be sure that you are in a pet friendly hotel and that you tell the clients so they have the choice if they are allergic.

• Like 1

I think that as long as she is quiet while in her crate there shouldn't be a problem. As an allergy sufferer, I would think that my first inquiry would be about the presence of my trigger, whatever it may be. ;)

Great thread Serena as I'm an owner of two dogs who are very attached and have never had any complaints, made to me that is, so I would think you shouldn't either having your fur baby present. As far as allergies I would suspect if they were bad enough the person would have to avoid my incall period because as clean as I am and if the dogs were not there I would suspect there "presence" still would be. As far as travelling this is what is holding me back, I don't trust anyone with my dogs. So if I were to travel they would have too as well. As much as I want my clients to be comfortable my dogs will always, always come first. Anyway I don't think having your dog at your incall or with you travelling as an issue. I always forwarn my clients about my two clingy babies and no one has cancelled an appointment because of them so I don't think it will be an issue for you-best of luck.

Edited by cr**tyc***es

I think that as long as she is quiet while in her crate there shouldn't be a problem. As an allergy sufferer, I would think that my first inquiry would be about the presence of my trigger, whatever it may be. ;)

I would agree that anyone going to an incall should inquire regarding pets if they have allergies, but most would not think of it if going to a hotel to meet a visiting SP. Strong allergy to perfumes, yes, I would think the client would ask about as that could be expected, but pets are not a norm in hotels. In that case I would suggest it would be up to the SP to let them know. I myself have allergies and would not have ever thought a visiting SP would have a dog in the room. It would certainly ruin the evening with me sneezing all over her. I don't think it's wrong and would suggest bringing your pet along, but a caution to the clients would be advised.

Personally, I have no problem with it cuz I have a dog & can sympathize. If you're traveling, I guess you have to find critter friendly hotels.

Oh and as for professionalism, other than those with allergies, I don't think many clients would mind. In fact I think it would be a step in getting to know the real you even more, a peak into your life, which would make the encounter even more gfe for some.

• Like 2

Well I may just bring her if I travel then. The only problem would be finding a place with a big enough bathroom for her kennel so I could tun off the light and she won't cry and scratch at the door since people would want her in another room

Serena their are some hotels that have rooms with a bedroom and a sitting room that are separated by a door, and they have reasonable rates. Cambridge suites in Halifax have such rooms as do radissons, country inn and suites(may have a new name) and some marriotts and quality inns.

• Like 1

I have no issue with it per se but there are things to consider from the male (client) perspective.

If your guest is a non dog owner and he returns home with dog hair on his clothing that could be a tough explanation. Allergies can come into play if the guest is not made aware of your four legged friend as well.

I met one specific lady a few times over the years and she has a large horse like dog that she would put in another room during our meeting. This, I must clarify was at her incall location in her home city so not not always an option on the road. On that note I met her in another city while she was on tour and she had pooch with her in her hotel room and all fido did was lay on the foot of the bed and stare. When we were through she (the dog) jumped up and immediately wanted attention. It never bothered me once, in fact to this day I still find it funny and I am by no means a dog lover.

All in all I believe a guest should be made aware before meeting to avoid any unpleasant uh-ohs.

Lol ya Sooks is a big ol attention whore that would insist on laying on the bed if I didn't put her away. She'a 50lbs dog not a horse lol. But still, one of the Several reasons I don't entertain from my home

Additional Comments:

and thank you

cristycurves for the tip :) although with a small credit limit on my card I wouldn't be getting a suite

Well I think I'm going to try to bring her with me. Well in Baby steps. The Ramada in Fredericton is pet friendly. If I go the 17-24 I can take her over to my sisters house. if Sookie becomes a problem she can for her to fend for herself against the kitties.