Need some Hallowe'en help

My collection of Hallowe'en gear is getting a little tired, so I'm looking to kick it up a notch or two.

Last year, I had a fog machine, some lights strung-up over the front door and the pumpkin (naturally). Actually scared some poor kid away from the door.

I was thinking maybe I could get some red LEDs for the pumpkin eyes, articulated jaw that moved to an evil laugh track & of course, the fog machine.

What other kind of crap can I do this year?

• Like 1

I've always had this idea about planting a 4x4 or telephone pole out front, shred it to hell about six feet off the ground, and put a "beware of cat" sign on it.

• Like 1

You need the sound of a chainsaw. A bunch of kids at one house in my neighborhood actually stood there on their lawn with the usual scary decorations with chainsaws in hand! lol. It was a bit unnerving esp for younger kids but all in good fun.

Wouldn't it be great to have a Zombie line dance with like, 50 dancers doing their thing to Thriller?...on my front lawn

• Like 1

:biggrin: You could pose yourself by your front door as a scarecrow or a ghost, stuffed pumpkin person, ect. as if your were a "statue", then when kids approach move and scare them , or pop out of a coffin. For decorations I the stuff that looks like cob webs, big fake spiders, grave markers, skeletons. Shoppers has some cool things each year. Once they had a life size witch stirring a pot, you could buy. Love halloween, so much fun!

• Like 1

Place your large screen TV in the front window and play this video and sound track really loud.

Edgar Varese - Poeme Electronique

Some images from the original showings in 1958 at the Brussels World's Fair.

godzillaBig.jpgpoemeelectroniquezaal.jpg

A few years ago after taking out the flowers from the front flower garden I made a lump of ground and got a few pieces of light blue styrofoam cut it out like a head stone used a black marker and wrote things on it like "Here lies the body of Jason" and such. I would take an old suit that I had, fill it up with those noodles used in the pool and put a fake hand on at the end and made it stick out of the ground, used a spot light on it. I got many good feedback from adults.

• Like 1

Guest jake_cdn

I would also use some dry ice as it provides the prefect effect for the decorations that you already have used. I know the kids in my neighbourhood have also been scared by Halloween sound effects played in the front yard. Last, I always dress up and ensure that the foyer is pitch black for the best impact. The downside can be that some hunger kids actually get scared. It is a great time for all...especially Michael Myers 8-o