WOW it is 15 outside, I have shorts and tshirt on sitting in the sun. Is it me...or is this spooky?

I went to Alberta no long ago. I seen a sight that brought me to tears! I was devastated to see no more Ice Glaciers in what we call the " toilet bowl" In fact...there was no water left in the tolliet bowl!!

I had been to the exact same spot about 15 years earlier and could see the glaciers. I had taken pictures. When I returned just 2 years ago, I took a pic...it was so sad to see one tiny speck of a glacier left:(

What have you all noticed about this global warming trend?

I belive in global warming. I would think after this summer alone the nay sayers would now realize the planet is changing, and our misuse of it is the primary reason. Time to wake up and do ones part. It boggles my mind and angers me when some tend to blame other causes and species for our own destruction, such as those who blame the seals for the loss of the cod fish now they are being blamed for the loss of the salmon stocks. I mean come on when are we going to look in the mirror and blame ourselves. Just my rant.

• Like 1

Global warming isn't a matter of belief, or not. This isn't like arguing about a God whose existence - or not - can't really be definitively proven. Global warming is real, it's happening, and the science is pretty much indisputable at this point. Of course, that doesn't mean nobody's going to dispute it; the science is also complex and the evidence relies on statistics, which are trivially easy to confuse people with if you wish to do so.

The best analogy I've seen is with the science on the connection between smoking and lung cancer in the 70s; it's basically proven beyond doubt, but there's some serious money being put into casting as much doubt as possible on the science and some major vested influences behind them. Yesterday it was the tobacco companies; today it's Big Oil and the coal-extraction industry. To be fair, you can only take the analogy so far - there's not much downside to giving up smoking, but it'd be tough to give up things like cars and electricity - but the analogy is pretty reasonable in terms of the rampant and blatant dishonesty at work.

The big problem here is that the public in general doesn't understand two things: they don't understand the difference between weather and climate, and they don't understand the difference between global and local. That's why polls on public attitudes to global warming vary so much; the numbers of people who think it's real can double or halve depending on whether we've just had a very cold winter, or an unseasonably warm fall.

See you again before long, Sandy - there's no chance we'll have done anything before you come back, although I'm sure you'll have changed your name by then. And I must confess that I'm not looking forward to the day you start doing duos with Katrina, although I have no doubt it'll happen.

• Like 1