Professionals, Take Extra Care!

I read this story today about a psychiatrist who was "reprimanded by the the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Nova Scotia",

even without any charges laid! One of the ladies he was involved with was unknowingly under 18 (a good reason for us old farts

to stick to 25+), but that's only part of the story.

Psychiatrist had sex with prostitutes, but faces no criminal charges

Here's to hoping my status as Professional Red Wino never comes under such scrutiny! Cheers!

The College of Physicians and Surgeons would have their own code of conduct to follow, many professional organizations do. If you as a professional break one of the rules of your organization you can be disciplined by that organization for breaching those rules. Those rules are seperate from breaking the law, in fact you can be in some cases a law abiding citizen while breaking your professional rules.

Easy case in point. A Priest has consensual sex with a woman. He isn't breaking the law, but clearly breaking his vows (professional rules) as a Priest

Hope that late night rambling before I go to bed makes sense.

RG