I have had one for over 10 years. Works as advertise. best place to buy it is during a costco road show or costco online. You can buy them in stores in now.

It's expensive, but it does everything that is advertise..

I've had mine 21 years and only once had an issue which they took care of, no questions asked (3 year olds making peanut butter and it "jumped" off the counter - I still don't know who did it!) and no cost to me. It is an amazing machine and I would recommend it over all others...

cat

Guest ***nsut***jr

The Vitamix is a great machine and will pulverize or liquify any thing you throw into it..

You do need to learn how it behaves in regards to making different types of foods. i.e. smoothies with ice

I also found that the container that comes with it is too big a lot of the time so i ordered the smaller one which is much more practical unless you are doing large batches of processing.

It comes with a plunger type thing that fits in a hole in the top of the lid to allow you too push or pound the ingredients to contact the blade. Being a CERB member you should already be trained on this part of it. Guys should refrain from licking the processed food off the end of the plunger although when ladies do it it is really hot.

An indispensable kitchen tool and the last on you will ever buy because it is truly a commercial product. if you wear it out perhaps you should consider a better way to hold in your dentures.

Always put the lid on when operating unless you have a ceiling cleaning fetish. It has variable speed plus the tornado mode as I like to call it and if you flip the wrong switch.... look out!

If you have the budget buy it for sure.

J

Guest ***nsut***jr

Maybe this is a hijack of the thread but... here is another gadget on the other end of the power and budget scale of a Binford blender.

http://www.amazon.ca/Cuisinart-DLC-2AC-Mini-Prep®-Processor-White/dp/B0000VZ054

No idea why I bought this many years ago but it is really handy for chopping garlic, onions etc. It chops in one direction and grinds in another and for the price is well worth having.

Now back to the blenders